Customer reviews

on 16 October 2002
This is the first of the Enid Blyton "Secret" series.
When Mike, Peggy and Nora's parents disappear in a plane crash they are sent to live with their cruel Aunt and Uncle. With the help of a resourceful friend called Jack, they escape to a secret island where they live together, successfully evading discovery until they're reunited with their parents. Although dated, this is still a very exciting story if you're about seven. It's fine for confident readers, and the chapters are a prefect length for bedtime reading. I enjoyed it as much now as when I was a child!
on 3 November 2017
I have have my original copy of The Secret Island which my much loved Nan gave to me in 1948 as a Christmas Present. It is now much the worse for wear as I read it so many times as a child. In fact, it's the only book I still have from my childhood.
I still love the book and recommend it. I also have the Kindle version which has been "updated" to using decimal coins, as I believe most of the books have been.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 4 January 2014
The secret island was my favourite book as a child. I read it over and over again from the age of 7 till I was 14. By then, the book was dirty and dog eared, but still I kept it, and read it, till one day I accidentally dropped it in the bath. The pages were never the same. So, 30 years later, I've bought it again, purely a case of nostalgia, but have to say, still thoroughly enjoyed reading it! I'll keep it well away from the bath this time around!
on 29 June 2017
I love this book as a child and wanted to buy it to read to my son and now he loves it to. Thank you for letting me travel back to my childhood.
on 30 June 2017
AN NOTHER ENID BLYTON BOOK I AM ENJOYING MY SELF ON HER BOOKS THEY ARE GREAT TO READ
on 8 August 2017
My favourite childhood book, got me through many sad times
on 9 April 2017
Great
on 5 June 2017
One of the best books I have ever read I have loved it since I first read it many years ago and I still do.
on 17 March 2017
Loved this story when I was a child. My grandsons enjoying it just as much. Even acting out the story with friends. Just what children's books should be.
on 28 April 2017
This was my favourite childhood book and I loved reading it again