Format: Paperback|Change

on 2 December 2000
As a former nanny and now a nursery nurse, I would highly reccommend this book to anyone who has children. It is bright,colourful,funny and very appealing to all children! Children love shouting out which animal is coming next and what noise the animal makes. Even better, at the end of the book when the farm goes to sleep, you can whisper the last two pages and this calms the children down after an active book!
on 27 January 2002
My two year-old son loves animals and this book is an absolute winner. The illustrations are gorgeous and the rhymes about each animal are wonderful. He could recite them all within days - to hear him saying "I'm the rockin' rooster baby" is a scream! I think this will be a favourite for a long time to come.
on 22 December 2008
I bought this as a present for my 2 year old nephew and he loves it. He loves to share it with you and when he asks for it as tonight's bedtime story, his mum doesn't read it to him, he reads it to her from memory because he knows all the words. A great book.
on 27 October 2014
Purchased this after recommendation from a friend who worked in a nursery and both myself and my little boy weren't disappointed! he loves seeing all the different animals, making the sounds of the animals, etc. Great pictures and lovely rhyming text. Every child's bookshelf should have this sitting on it!!!
on 7 April 2014
Very well written and a great rhymes. Shame there's some americanisms. I searched out the other books by this author after reading this.
on 24 March 2013
My daughter absolutely loves this book. Her grandmother has it in her house and we had to buy another copy for our house too! My daughter laughs her head off every time we read it, which is once a day at least.
on 18 May 2012
My 2 year old loves this book, the pictures are so creative and engaging and the rhymes really make him laugh. I only wish I had bought a version with board pages as I can see with all the flipping of the pages, it may not last! Great buy, I highly recommend.
on 11 December 2008
This book is my little boy's favourite. He is only 1, but he goes and gets the book for me to read and even tries to say Cock-a-doodle-do!!
Can't wait to try out the other titles by this author.
on 24 July 2010
Many ks1 children found poem books are boring and hard to read.This book is not just fun for tots, but a fantactic book for reception or year 1 children to read themselves.Really impressed!
on 24 May 2013
Former early years teacher and very hands on grandmother's take on this: Perfect format and content for very young children to interact with - opportunities for language growth, positive social and emotional and relationship building sklls here. Excellent, fun resource.