Format: Paperback|Change

on 20 January 2003
Snow White and the Seven Aliens is, to put it simply - GREAT! I have read this to 4 classes and everytime they are enthralled. It is a fun short read for children up to about 11, full of hilarious characters and bizarre scenarios. I particularly loved the Wicked Queen (an ex-punk rocker) and her petrified husband who humours her from behind a mirror!
Unputdownable! - for kids!
on 13 May 2003
The story of Snow White and the Seven Aliens is, obviously, a reworking of the children's classic.
It's beautifully written by Laurence Anholt, and read by Neil Morrissey - providing voices for an assortment of aliens, the witch, her husband and of course, Snow White. He has also read other audio books in the series - Cinderboy, Daft Jack and the Bean Stack and the Emperor's New Underwear. He reads very well, although he does struggle a little to play female characters, particularly the young Snow White, and I think it might have been better to have another voice artist to read the female lines.
The music is fabulous - very well written and a lot of fun, and the Snow White Rap always has my nieces singing along.
Overall the story and the music are a little let down by the production - the lack of female voices, areas where "stings" of music are overused, and the irritating fact that the witch is always announced by a guitar riff.
However, my opinion aside, my nieces love it - it is a treat of a story with wonderful music, and that's all they care about!
on 11 January 2012
I loved reading this with the children when they were younger. Was as excited as them when we found a new 'fairy tale' in the library. Now enjoying reading them with the children at school as we're exploring alternative fairy stories.

This one is all about Snow White who is very pretty, very talented and has dreams of becoming a pop star and who is obsessed with Boysnog (the boy group of the century). But the Mean Queen has other ideas and makes her listen to songs which she used to sing when she was famous. But the Mirror (never one to lie)tells the Queen Snow White is going to make it and thus seals her fate of being banished to the big bad city. But fortunately for her she bumps into the Seven Aliens pop group. Will the Mean Queen be able to stop Snow White's happiness or will her luck remain and will she become a famous pop star?
on 13 May 2009
Snow White and The Seven Aliens is an intresting book and is for all ages. We liked the illustrations but would of enjoyed it more if the illustrations were more colourful and eye catching. We thought this book was very funny at times.
The one thing that brought us to the book was the front cover it was very bright. We also were keen on the book because it was short and they got to the point very quickly. We couldn't decide on our favourite character because we liked most of the characters. We love how they spoke about a talented little girl who eventully gets to live her dream. We liked the lay out of the book and most of all liked the speech bubbles. We enjoyed this book very much.
We would definately consider reading more books in the series.
By primary six
on 2 January 2010
Another hilarious take on the real story - great for warped sense of humours. Brilliant for any age. My five year old loves these stories much more than the real thing. He likes to read them himself and me reading them to him. Great fun!
on 30 August 2011
My daughter had read this book at school and really enjoyed it so we decided to get it for home use. She loves it and has read it several times.
on 8 February 2017
Great stories, great artwork, great for reading to kids - much better than usual insipid kids books. Alternative story empowering girls.
on 2 February 2015
Really happy with purchase! Fast delivery and product even better than I expected! Many thanks! 😊
on 20 April 2004
A HILARIOUS RE-MAKE OF THE CHILDRENS FAVOURITE . OUR HEROINE DREAMS OF POP STARDOM BUT SEEMS DESTINED TO FAIL BY THE EVER EVIL PRESCENCE OF THE WICKED QUEEN.BUT TRUE TO ALL GOOD FAIRY TALES OUR SWEET SNOW WHITE RECOVERS FROM HER STAGE FRIGHT WITH THE HELP OF A HANDSOME HUNK AND SEVEN ADORABLE ALIENS . HURRAY!!!
on 23 September 2016
Present for our 7 year old granddaughter!