on 21 June 2017
it was a very interesting story, the characters were likable, they kept me hooked on the story and I kept wanted to read more to find out what happened to the main characters . A very good read, I would recommend this to anyone.
The characters and storyline were brilliant. It had many laugh out loud moments. I was late several times as I didn't want to stop reading.
I loved this book and will recommend it highly.
on 21 June 2017
Nice relaxing read.
on 14 December 2012
I love this as I adore the writer and love reading books by her and this is one of my favorite ones!
on 13 August 2000
I read this on the bus to work in the morning and it really cheered me up. I loved the characters, thought that it was very wittily written, enjoyed the descriptions of London and Notting Hill, and I especially loved the whole Tom Jones theme running through it. It's a simple story of girl meets boy, but the author has used a sharp eye and clever observations to make this romance stand out from all the rest.
on 27 April 2000
What a scream..........."What's New Pussycat" is a fantastic read, its funny, witty, inspiring and charming, I really do recommend to all. Deliah, the main character ends up feeling like your best friend by the end.
What would you do if your boyfriend proposed? Shout, 'Yes!' grab the diamond solitaire and take out a subscription to Brides magazine, or panic and buy a one-way ticket to Outer Mongolia? This is the dilemma that faces Delilah, the down-to-earth Yorkshire heroine of Alexandra Potter's debut novel, What's New Pussycat? As it turns out, Delilah does neither. Instead, after a chance meeting with a gorgeous media type Charlie, who lives in London's trendy Notting Hill, she dumps her boyfriend, packs up her beloved Tom Jones collection and her whippet Fatso into her VW Beetle and heads for the brights of the big city. There she meets sweet Sam from the local cafe and his outrageous friend Vivienne, and life suddenly takes an upward turn. London is
everything she ever dreamed of and with Charlie she's soon enjoying a whirl of glitzy parties and designer shopping sprees. Or is she? Is Charlie really the man for her? Or could shy Sam be the man of her dreams instead? This is a funny, touching love story, packed with hilarious observations of London living.
You'll find yourself not being able to the put the book down after reading the first couple of pages. Wonderful.
on 16 October 2011
I loved this book. It is such a cheery book, in some places it had me laughing out loud.

Delilah leaves Bradford for London for a change of life. She is mainly in search for Charlie who she met by accident in Bradford Hospital. But when she gets to London she mets Sam who owns a cafe and points her in the direction of Vivienne. She moves in with Vivienne and from that moment her life changes. The book also comes to life at this point I felt that Vivienne took over as the main character because the life she leads is just so funny and she had me laughing so much.
on 14 March 2004
I read this book whilst on holiday in Sri Lanka with my best mate. I bought it at the airport, as I was very attracted to the front cover which is bright and bubbly! it was such a good read i have read it a few times as i have had it a couple of years. Is a brilliant book for young women and tells the story of a girl called Delilah who leaves her old home, boyfriend and all sorts! would definatly reccommend this book!
on 31 August 2004
Having read the Potter books in the wrong order, ie: newest first. I decided to buy the rest of her books and give them a go.
The book was, as expected, light hearted, feel good fun. I must agree with the other reviewer that the cover of the book does give away the ending (Why?) however half way through you do know what the ending will be anyway.
The main characters of Delilah and Sam are overshadowed by the wonderfully funny Vivienne and what she gets up to will keep you entertained throughout the whole book.
Personally I think Potter's books get better the more up to date you become. This book is not a patch on Calling Romeo or Do you come here often?, but all the same well worth a read!!
on 10 July 2000
This seems a popular choice, but it didn't wash with me. Apart from the cover giving away the highly predictable ending, the characters (apart from the fantastic Vivienne) drove me up the wall! Firstly, we have the petite and scruffy young lass who blokes, whether high flying media types or the lowly cafe manager, swoon for (the type of girl who I hated in school!). Then we have the sickly Sam, who is one of those men who fall in love with you, hide it with a friendship and then demand sympathy from your best friend when you havn't guessed that his efforts at friendship were really an attempt at getting you to fall head over heals in love with him... Maybe I just wasn't overly impressed because the two main characters were the types of people that wind me up - I found myself wanting to bang their heads together! Having said that, Vivienne makes the book worth reading, an eccentric best friend that everyone should have. Definately a girly read, with gorgeous men, wedding preparations, and a very healthy dose of Tom Jones. I just don't think I'm a girly type of girl...