Every Day Is Mother's Day
Format: Paperback|Change

on 28 March 2016
I loved Hilary Mantel's books about Thomas Cromwell but this is the second of her other novels that I've read and I don't think I'll be bothering with any more. I like to be able to empathise with at least one character in a book but I have found that her characters are unlikeable and I just don't really care what happens to any of them.
on 4 August 2017
A disturbing book despite the black humour. I found it quite sad but an interesting read non the less. In the hands of a lesser writer it would have been very bleak indeed.
on 7 February 2015
Hilary Mantell' s writing never fails , her ease of expressing everyday things in an unusual way is a pleasure.
The story in this book is well constructed but some scenes are a little too chaotic for me, especially the dinner party at Frank's.
The character. Of Muriel.is also a little obscure.
on 20 March 2018
bought as a gift.
on 26 January 2016
Fantastic book. Hilary Mantel is a genius. One of her earlier books, it's light hearted and has a devilish humour. Recommended.
on 1 January 2018
Bought for my wife as an introduction to Hilary Mantel. She didn't enjoy it.
on 9 November 2013
I am a great fan of Hilary Mantel's non-historical novels. Bleak, well-observed, brilliantly written and uncomfortably comic. Well worth a read.
One person found this helpful
on 15 September 2017
Read by my wife - she loved it
on 5 November 2016
Excellent story.
on 17 April 2013
This book held my attention although it was not what I expected having first read Wolf Hall. An interesting study of mother daughter relationships