on 24 July 2016
Just love the fun side of the Bible! I used to use this when teaching different aspects of Christianity in Secondary schools. I am now teaching History but I still love the Lord's Prayer!

THE LORDS PRAYER IN COCKNEY!

Hello Dad
Up there in good ol’ heaven
Your name is well great and holy and we respect you guv!
We hope we can all have a butcher’s at heaven
And be there as soon as possible
And we wanna make you happy guv!

LoL

I hope my review has been useful. Please comment if there is anything I can do to make my reviews better! Thanks!
on 13 October 2017
Gift for an Expat in Canada
on 4 November 2017
Really funny and enjoyable to read
on 30 April 2001
Dear Mr. Coles. Just to say how much I've enjoyed reading the Bible in Cockney. Like the children in school, I found reading the Bible boring, but you have changed that. It makes it a lot more fun, and the illustrations are great. Even my Dad who's 83 enjoyed rteading some of it and is going to get a copy. Good luck to you with the book. Best wishes, Pat Arnott
on 19 December 2015
It's not the bible in cockney. It's not even proper cockney. Just random interpretations of bible stories written badly.
on 29 July 2006
Well I never guv, this as got to be the best way of putting the Bible across to the Masses. it is both funny and educational with the highlight being the Cockney version of The Lord's Prayer.

Well done Mike

PS Don't forget to do your duty to both God and Man!
on 10 April 2014
A great book. It's fun but not offensive. I often use little bits of it to read to my church youth group, to get across familiar stories in a new way. But, even if you're not a Christian, the Bible is full of great stories and this is definitely a great way to read them!
on 30 June 2012
The Bible in Cockney: Well Bits of it, Anyway....: well written and compiled, brings the stories alive and up to date in a fun and unique way, great book bought as a gift but we sneakily read bits before wrapping it up and enjoyed it too!
on 19 October 2013
That is the first time I've met the cockney, not only short phrases, but whole sentences. I'm impressed. I've allways been interested in why Englishmen couldn't understend each other. Now i know why that happens.
on 4 July 2017