on 30 April 2014
Yet again, I have ordered a book and it is not actually suitable for the age range I teach.
I have just re-read the Amazon page to make sure it was not my oversight, and no, there is no mention of it being aimed at KS3: Y7, Y8 and Y9.
I am sure some of the activities would be suitable for more able Y6, and I am also sure some of the activities could be applied for younger years.
Such a shame it is not going to be as useful as I had hoped. :(
Such a shame it is not suitable for my class/age range. :(
I could have used the money I have paid for this book on something far more suitable - if only it had been made clear it was aimed at KS3. :(
VINE VOICEon 5 November 2007
I have found this book to be a terrific resource for my class. Although I actually teach Y6, some of the Y7 ideas in here are great for early morning challenges - especailly as they can be adapted to suit the weaker children and to provide 'brainbox challenges' for the more able child.

The children love it when they walk into the room and find a challenge from one of these three books on the whiteboard. Somehow, they just seem to appeal to them all!

Particularly at this 'special offer' price, i doubt if any of us can fail to find enough material in this for it to prove its metal.

Give it a try.
7 people found this helpful
on 28 May 2013
I'm just about to start a new job teaching maths at KS3, This book has loads of easy to use lesson starters & I'm sure I'm going to get loads of use from it.
on 28 June 2015
A useful teaching & learning text book.
on 22 July 2014
Many better books on the market, but ok warmup exercises that may be new to you.
on 24 July 2014
very very useful
on 22 November 2012
I love this range of books! Great ideas that can be tailored up or down depending on the class! Fab!
on 7 October 2012
Really easy to use. Seen some activities before but each is easily adaptable. Great ideas for a top set year six class. Kids really love the starters. Would recommend to yr 5 and 6 teachers of higher ability children.
on 24 April 2010
Bought this book to use with a top set Year 6 Maths group and it has some great ideas in it! Really easy to use for starters!
on 23 November 2009
This is a really useful tool for lesson plans full of excellent ideas. Shame it only covers KS3.
2 people found this helpful