TOP 100 REVIEWERon 17 September 2014
Having been fumbling with an iPad for some time, I thought this guide would be useful. I confess to not having kept up with the rapid advances in this technological age apart from the basics. I found this well-written and easy to follow with step by step instructions along with colourful illustrations. I am making progress having grasped how it functions and feel comfortable dipping into the parts I need to know. Much of it I will probably never fully grasp but having said that I probably don't need to. At least I know where to look with more confidence.
on 1 April 2014
I purchased this guide to help me with a new iPad mini bought at the same time. It claimed to have the answers to questions for first time users but alas it could not answer many of the initial queries that I had so it was not very helpful to begin with.
on 12 June 2014
This is a very good introductory book to get "Seniors" started on the iPad. It also gives some hints on getting useful APPS that make life a little easier. The layout is clear with hints and tips on the side of the page. The topic sequence is also logical and provides useful ino. A very good publication but if you needed some more "esotric" info you will need to have access to either the Dummies Book or trawl the Apple Website. This book will provide you with all the "getting started" info you will need.
on 9 December 2013
Excellent book with very clear instructions. Useful as it is now updated to cope with iOS 7. Small so can easily be carried around.
on 11 December 2013
Bought as a gift for a 82 year old to help them with their iPad. A fabulous book, easy to understand.
on 31 January 2014
This is a useful guide and is written in a style that is clear and helpful and doesn't go in too deep. Given the paucity of information that comes with the equipment, it is much easier than ploughing through the 'on line' information.
on 11 December 2013
Have not read all yet ! So far so good easy to understand .Large size printing excellent for the elderly
on 9 February 2015
my 3 star rating probably says more about me than it says about the book. I think that you almost need to know how to do things already in order to understand the instructions given within. The few things that i've looked up so far have not got a mention and i think its probably because they are too basic and it is assumed that i would not need to ask. I need a book that starts with the understanding that I really am a BEGINNER.
on 3 February 2015
I bought this for my mother who is 91 and she calls it her bible! She is now using her Ipad like a teenager! I no longer get the call to sort out how to do something as she can sort it out for herself with this fabulous, well written and easy to understand book - I even made a few discoveries after reading it!
I really like these Easy Steps Books. This one is (at the time of writing), bang up to date and takes account of the latest developments in the iPad world, namely, the advent of the iOS 7 operating system and it also covers the iPad from version 2 to the recent iPad Air.

The key points about this book are that it's written in jargon free English and, thanks to its clear, full colour format with lots of illustrations and screenshots it's really easy to follow. The content of the book also lends itself to both being read in the traditional (sequential) way but it is also easy to find sections on specific issues such as connecting to a network or using your iPad on the move etc. The key sections are as follows; Choosing your iPad; Around your iPad; The iPad keyboard; Knowing your apps; Keeping in touch; On a web Safari; Staying organised; Like a good book; Leisure time; Getting on the map; Travelling companion; and; Practical matters; plus a comprehensive index.

This is a guide to the iPad that will actually be read and used thanks to its attractive, colour layout, plus, its clear, no nonsense content. I'd also say you don't need to be a "Senior" to benefit from this book - just an iPad user. Well done Nick Vandome! Recommended