on 27 September 2017
Ok lets be brief, Mike McGrath books are brilliant. He has a clear writing style with no fluff, so you get the info you need quickly.

Like Mike I have been a programmer since the mid '80s and I keep copies of all his books on my shelf at work for quick reminders or when I need to brush up quickly on a language I have never used or not used for years. More recently I have started to get all the books again as Kindle/PDF so I have them always with me on my tablet so I save shelf space at work.
on 16 January 2018
I've had this book for a while now and I am a total beginner. Luckily for me this book is clear, concise and very informative. The example practices that you go through are good as you get to put in to practice what you have just read. The examples keep making you write everything from scratch and this helps when trying to remember tags. I have many of his books which I will be reading through. The CSS3 and JavaScript books have been purchased and are next on the list to read.
on 27 July 2015
I am not a programmer nor do I aspire to be one however I do need to have a good understanding of the subject. The Easy Steps series of books are very aptly named as they make learning a breeze even with no prior knowledge. Clear concise instructions that take you a step at a time building up to the "bigger picture", and code can even be downloaded if you are too lazy to type. Incidentally I found little need to write/run many of the examples as the code really is so easy to understand and follow.

I have since bought Mike's Easy Steps books on C, iQuery and PHP & MySql and found them all to be of the same high quality.
on 23 October 2012
This book is very good for people with no or very little/some HTML experience.
It contains some java script and CSS. In my opinion if you are not familiar with CSS
you should stop reading after 5 chapters and learn some CSS [free W3schools online course] just
to make sure you know what is this CSS all about. Java script is not necessary to read this book.
on 10 February 2018
Great book.
on 18 October 2017
Great.
on 25 January 2012
The Book is clearly displayed in topics/chapters. Different coloured key to chapters. Ease of understanding. Does what it states. Answered my question.
Ordered it Saturday it arrived on the Wednesday (earlier than stated!) Well done.
Thank you very much will use again.
on 6 February 2012
I purchased this to aid in my interest in HTML authoring and I have to say that it is a great book. For those of you who have used HTML 4 before this the difference is noticable. I find it useful as a reference material that I can go to if I need help making sure that the ideas I have in my mind can and will appear on a web page. A great book and touches on .js and .css too and how they interact with HTML5 it would be a benefit to purchase the additional books on JavaScript and CSS though.
on 24 November 2015
I bought this product for my nephew who thinks it's absolutely fantastic. 10/10.
on 8 May 2016
Easy to read and understand, bought others in this 'series'.