on 9 January 2017
Good
on 27 May 2005
This book is clearly laid out and nicely illustrated. It contains a useful and reassuring introduction to the Paint Shop Pro browser for the novice user. As this is about the only useful thing in the book, it does seem very expensive. The author appears to have been at such pains to keep his explanations simple that essential steps have been left out. Try creating guides using page 12 and you'll find that you can't and have to refer to Help within Paint Shop Pro to complete the job. His explanation of the difference between vectors and rasters(bitmaps) is completely unhelpful. There is a gap in the market for a task-based guide to this marvellous graphics editing software which Easy Steps does not begin to fill.
on 2 December 2000
The book tries to explain the complexities of Paint Shop Pro in a non-boring manner with plenty of black and white illustrations with arrows with "Click Here" instructions. But it doesnt really work. Every page of information seems to be shouting for attention and so for me, it's a bit overwhelming and also annoying. The trendy "Hot Tip" with a picture of a chilli, and the "Dont Forget" with a picture of an elephant, which appear on every page, are probably an attempt to make learning fun. Maybe it's my age (58), but I find it all a bit childish and it gets up my nose. It doesn't cost much, so perhaps you cannot expect too much. I suppose it's OK but mainly I read the manual which came with the program, and only occasionally refer to this book when I am getting bogged down. Does it help? I expect it does, but you can see that I am not enthusiastic.