on 25 August 2003
I like the fact that this book is broken up into bite size chunks - and the illustrations are good. My main problem with it is that he never really explains WHY you'd want to do something. 'Here's how to draw a line' 'Here's how to fill an image'... but why, what would that do for my picture? It's very theory driven, rather than results driven. This would be fine, I'm sure, if you already know a bit about digital images and paint shop, but for totally raw beginners like me, it leaves out some basics. It is helpful, and probably one of the best I've seen, but 'easy steps' is perhaps pushing it a bit!
on 1 October 2001
This book is easy to follow and understand. However, this comes at a price - it skims over (and usually omits) all but the most intuitive of the application's funtions. I'd recommend it only to readers who have limited knowledge of basic Windows operations. But my guess is that if you're interested in digital photography you probably already know how to click on menus and tick checkboxes. For example, in the advanced section, the subject of printing is covered. Step 1 says "click print", Step 5 says "Click Here" (with a graphic showing me where the OK button is located). The more 'interesting' options on the screen (e.g. Print centre crop marks) don't get a mention! I'd hoped to find a guide that would enhance my understanding of how to use the options on offer to better creative effect. Such insights are few. Ah well, for a tenner I suppose I'll not lose too much sleep........but in future I'll be sticking to the help file and the occasional photography magazine to add value to my endeavours.
on 18 September 2003
I know we're onto PSP 8 now but I just bought PSP 7 out of PC World quite cheaply and needed a book to go with it and this is it. It's an easy enough read, well laid out, and complements the documentation that comes with PSP 7 very well.
The documentation with the PSP software is HUGE and this book is much slimmer, covers more than most of what you'll probably do with PSP anyway, is fairly waffle free and it's all nicely and colourfully laid out.
I also have Photoshop Elements and the Easy Steps book for that too and while Photoshop seems to be the "best" package of this kind I now find myself drawn back to PSP more than Elements.
And you can't really knock it for the price either.
on 24 June 2015
I have been familiar with PaintShop Pro for many years so I was looking for something more than a 'basic' book. Unfortunately this is a 'basic' book and as such has very little recommendable contents. If it is a cheap book you want, then this is for you.
on 7 May 2013
Paint Shop Pro 7 book is very easy to follow. It makes using the program very addictive with impressive results. I'm very pleased that I bought it.
on 24 September 2016
Exceptional value for money it's that simple
on 14 August 2014