Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Playlist - Acoustic Christmas Shop now Shop now

on 4 June 1999
Up there with the very best in contemporary fiction, Cows is instantly grotesque and shocking. One of the darkest novels you can hope to read, this bizarre tale is by turns sickly humorous, strangely terrifying and surreal. Utterly compelling, I defy anyone to put this book down once they have started reading it - or to eat a beefburger again. A must-read for all fans of cult writing who want to taste something refreshingly new.
on 29 October 2014
Amazing. No other book quite like it. Offensive, disgusting but oh so addictive to read! The characters are vivid weird and imaginative, the Hag Beast has to be my favourite. Set in a dystopia of concrete and splattered cow guts. This story isn't for the faint hearted. Trust me. But those who fancy something original, morbid and absurdly funny, this is the book for you.
on 9 February 2014
First off , do not be put off by the tame cover this is a very extreme `novel` I have read some pretty graphic stuff , ed Lee, Tim Curran , brian keene , Jack Ketchum ... etc
This raises the bar for anybody wanting a grim factor of +1,000,000 !!!

I won't bore you with details just read it and Cripps will sicken you to the core

Enjoy
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Cows is a compelling, unflinching account of one man's journey into the dark heart of mankind; exposing dark humanity and pathos.
Escaping the unbearable home live to the hellish reality of the slaughterhouse, events unfold through increasingly surreal realisations.
on 23 September 2013
Other reviews go into more detail but despite the most graphic and taboo of subject matter this is a gripping read of the highest order. Think Animal Farm on crack an you're heading the right direction.
on 16 October 2013
Decent read, bizarre and disturbing in places, fairly graphic, not for children/people with weak stomachs haha, oddly touching in places.
on 1 May 2016
I love horror stories and was given this title by a friend, I didn't finish the book.....it was nasty. The first few pages were enough for me, I like horror not perversion.
on 10 January 2016
Love this book so much great replacement for my old copy
on 3 August 2013
I love scary, and weird stuff. I bought this book because I heard several people say how shocking it was. It is not a book I would read again. I didn't find it shocking. I found it boring.