on 22 October 2010
This book is one of the best books i have ever seen. It has loads of wonderful but weird animals inside and makes me laugh every time i open it. The delivery is as fast as lightning and is very cheap at just £4.16. I would recommend this book to anyone. The pictures are top class and the descriptions well... where do you begin with those. The wierdest animal inside this book is probaly a blobfish. But you also find out amazing facts aswell such as the most poisonous fish. This is really a great book and anyone out there who likes animals this is the book for you.

Adam Age:10
on 3 October 2010
I bought this for my 7 year old son & he loves it.... Its full of the weirdest creatures ive ever seen :) Its interesting & factual... a good book for those who like the weird & wonderful :)
on 20 March 2013
I was reading this book with my 8 year old who has a fascination for strange animals and such, I found that I had to edit or filter what I was reading as I was taken by surprise with some of the content. Luckily my child did not notice my editing, I didnt want to read to him about fish having orgasms! Seems funny, but he wouldn't have understood and I didn't want to have to explain! If I had bought this book just for myself the content would not have been an issues, but these books looked to be aimed at a children audience.
on 3 February 2012
This is a very interesting book, because it really does show weird animals that I had never seen. Photos are great, but it is a much smaller book than I had expected.
on 8 December 2011
Be aware that this is a very small book, I didn't check the actual size and was disappointed. I bought one for a 7 year old boy and had to buy something else to add to the parcel. The boy however loved the book and tried to find the animal that looked most like Daddy!
on 26 September 2013
Bough this as a present for my animal-mad little boy's 5th birthday. Firstly the book is really small, not really suitable to read together. Secondly, the book refers to a fish who can fake orgasms, and another animal who can produce her own sperm after first mating. The book has a few little jokes here and there which only an adult would get. Unsure of the intended audience for this book, but its definitley not young children!!
on 29 May 2010
This is a must have book for young naturalists everywhere- great photos and easily digestible, information about these weird and wonderful creatures. Truth is definitely stranger than fiction!
on 6 January 2013
there are quite a few weird animals in this book some i'd never even heard of. Alot of writing on one page in smallish print which put my 7 old off a bit. But he likes it if I read it to him.
on 30 December 2012
Some of the animals in this book really took me by surprise!

The book is filled with some interesting facts and of course funny, strange and weird animals to make you laugh or go, "what is that!"

Really interesting book that makes you want to carry on reading and not put it down, once the book finished I wished there was more, highly recommended even for kids
on 25 February 2015
Surely this is a book targeted at children so why include a fact about fish having an orgasm??!! Hardly age appropriate, by the time my son is at an acceptable age to read this I don't think the book would even be of interest to him - ridiculous!