Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

BUT

The five stars I have given this is for the content of the book, which is, in my opinion, fantastic. It's all philosophical, live your life better, think positive-type short articles, written in Mr. Thompson's trademark direct style.

The big "but" at the start of this review is because almost all these articles and information can be found FREE on his website (google Geoff Thompson), with the exception of a few chapters lifted from some of his other books. There is nothing new here, its just a collection of motivational articles.
But they are very good articles.
The book is A5 size, nicely bound, with 157 pages.
on 14 March 2012
I have been a fan of Geoff Thompson work for a while but was cautious before buying this book. I had doubts would this be a poor book because it was just a collection of articles. When I started reading the book all my doubts faded away, I really enjoyed the stories and even thought I am two thirds of the way throught the book,their are twenty nine stories in the book the three stories really stuck with me.

One about forgieveness showed how when we get anger or body produces adrenlian and cortisol which damage our internal organs every time we get angry. The second story showed for me anyhow how are addictions imprision us and gives advice how to break these addictions. The third story showed a unique method to help people to punch harder but their a life lessons in their.

I feel his best book though was Hunting the shadow. Every two or three weeks he writes an free excellent article and gives a podcast on it they can be found on geoffthompson.com.
on 1 July 2010
when you can pinch a few minutes, there are some amazing lessons to be learned all within the time it takes to make a cup of tea
on 26 December 2016
Another great book by Geoff look forward to reading the others in this series! Have quite a few of geoffs work now. I found for me the short but to the point chapters made this read the best one yet for me from Geoff.
on 28 March 2009
This book is one of the best self-help book I have ever read- and, believe me, I've read a lot! The style is very down-to-earth, and each chapter offers a new approach to life problems in a sympathetic, anecdotal manner. Highly recommended.