Format: Hardcover|Change

on 8 July 2011
I was slightly wary about this book, due to the fact the picture isn't amazing, and there was a previous negative review about it. But I stuck with it and went along with the order, and am very happy with what I received.
The book is a brilliant piece of literature. I can't wait to get stuck in there. It's a perfect size, and the pages are delicate.
If you want both of the Alice books, and Lewis Carroll's other work, this is definitely the book to buy.
on 24 July 2014
This is nice edition of Lewis Carrolls work. Obviously the alice stories are brilliant and timeless as ever, and the illustrations whilst not the best i have ever seen are still good. However the real gem in this collection is all of the other works included. I did not know a great deal about the other works before getting this book, and i feel that for the price i paid it was worth it alone to discover the poems etc.
The book itself is a good size with a nice finish and feel in the hand. It looks very nice in the bookcase and is a pleasure to read. I intend to read these stories to my son as he grows up and this will be perfect to have on my knee when we sit together.
on 27 April 2012
For those who have read or watched the Disney versions of Alice etc., here are all of Mr Dodgson's tales of mathematics and Fly Agarics. A lot to read I haven't read all yet but its all here folks. Nice illustrations by Tenniel and others
on 29 April 2013
I have received my book very quickly,well protected!
The book itself is very pleasant to open, to read. I enjoy relish all stories and poems i can discover in this book. Excellent to know the poems, letters, "Sylvie And Bruno", etc...
on 1 October 2013
I had been going after the complete works of Lewis Carroll for some time and I was very happy to discover this edition. The beautiful traditional illustrations were a must for me too. The paper is too thin, which is a little unconvenient because it can easily be torn accidentally when reading, which is why I think it could benefit from a two-volume edition with a slightly thicker paper, but other than that it's all fine.
on 13 January 2014
I received it way before I expected, which is very good. The cover is very comfortable and resistent. I have to say I love both the cover material and the sheets' paper. The drawings are just perfect for the stories and the content is very lovely. I haven' t read it all yet, but I'm loving it.
on 29 November 2013
Lewis Carroll was always something or an enigma, not least his interest in young girls.

However, his real legacy is a body of work that is perhaps unique in English literature. Mind you, Sylvie and Bruno is still unreadable but everything else is as fresh and as enjoyable as the day he wrote it.

This is a fine, solid collection and includes not only all the major books but some of his more arcane puzzles and acrostics.

These may not interest modern readers but for students of this remarkable writer they show the mathematical/logical side of the professional mathematician - something that underpins even the more fantastic works of his extraordinary imagination.

Buy this book and relive many childhood memories or, if you are new to Lewis Carroll, start here!
on 8 August 2013
Like so many i have seen the film version of the Alice in Wonderland but never read the book, and discovered the film is a mix of the two books.
This book was purchased because my branch of the Lions International clubs are holding a Mad Hatters Tea Party, to raise club funds for charity, and we wanted to the get more detailed information on story lines.
Now my granddaughter has another book in her library at ours.
on 4 September 2013
The cover is a little different then on the picture, but still very nice. The graphics are great! I'm very pleased, as I got way more than I paid for.
on 7 October 2014
well I did buy this for show... but my brother has been reading it and when I went into his room to get it back it was so battered and read to the extreme I decided to let him keep it