Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop now Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

on 24 October 2003
Covering the other side of Wor Jackie, the book is an insightful look at the other side of the late and great beloved northern footballer. Its lovely how Jack Milburn (author) describes the meeting of his parents (love at first sight), the hilarities of who Jackie had to sleep with prior to important matches, the vicious parrot antics and many more jollities in his life. Jack reveals the dark side of Jackie's life: from Northern Ireland and threats to his family, alcohol, and dark nights of the soul when Jackie really doubted his talent.
There is clearly no better person in a position to write and recount the true life of Jackie Milburn. Other books about his life will not come close to this one, they have not been able to touch the inner workings of the Milburn family in the way that his son has been able to achieve. A must read from a talented first published writer, I am sure it will not be his only book.
on 23 December 2013
I have read this book, it was among the books we found after my Father passed away, it was such a good book I bought this one for a very dear Uncle, we were all brought up loving this Great Man ' Wor Jackie' it is a great book
on 12 October 2015
As a Linfield fan who only heard of Wor Jackie through my father I bought this book to learn more about the man. What a thoroughly great read it turned out to be.
on 24 March 2016