Format: Hardcover|Change

on 23 March 2017
we bought this many years ago when first published for our children and happy to be able to buy for our grandchildren. As we have been to al the sites in the book it makes it come alive more when discussing the life at that time. We would recommend to any age to purchase
on 30 April 2017
We all love this book, especially my 5 year old.
on 18 March 2017
Amazing book. Fantastic quality with lots of things inside to feed the imagination. Very happy
on 9 December 2004
I am a Primary teacher, and I bought this book for my class, as we're studying Egypt next term. I think it's absolutely brilliant for the 8-11 age range, as there's so much that they can do. They loved Dragonology, and I think that this book is even better!
on 7 February 2005
I wasn't even aware that this book was supposed to be for children when I first saw it in the shops. Having seen me admire it, my girlfriend bought it for me last Christmas.
I adore it. I've never seen a book so lovingly put together and beautifully illustrated. Despite being short, a lot of work clearly went into this work. Reading it is like walking through a museum full of ancient Egyptian artifacts and treasures. An absolute must for anybody with an interest in ancient Egypt or novelty books.
on 10 November 2008
This was the first of this type of book bought for my daughter about a year ago, who is now 10. One turn of the front page and both of us were hooked. These are beautiful works of art, combined with lots of information and little flaps and envelopes to add to the experience.

The appeal of these books are that they are ageless, although a very young child would need to be watched as they are fragile and bits could easily be lost or damaged.

I don't think we will ever want to get rid of these books as they are so appealing and we have subsequently gone on to buy many others in the series such as Mythology, Wizardology, Dragonology etc.all highly recommended.
on 24 February 2008
My seven year old used her xmas vouchers to buy this book and wants to take it with her wherever she goes, she loves it. It's beautifully put together with accurate and detailed information but in an imaginitive and exciting way that I know I would have loved when I was a child. The detail and care with which this book has been created is a credit to everyone involved.
on 10 November 2005
Egyptology is simply brilliant.Like the rest of the templar family Egyptology is both practical and pretty with charts of international distances mingling with beautifully drawn illustrations,with a playable senet game and intricate models this Emily Sands book is also a practical introducion to egyptology.This cleverly written book should be treasured and adored because in literature there are very few equals.Please buy this book and if you like then there is a world of excellent templar books out there.Thanks for reading from Master George David Bell.
on 23 May 2005
this is a really lovely journal, based on a diary, full of interesting items/facts,beautiful drawings etc and very well presented, the cover is stunning,this would be of interest to all ages,(I am in my 50's but absolutely love it) and I know my 8 year old grand-daughter will too.This would make an absolutely brilliant present,not only for the content but the stunning pictures and little "extras" included.
on 3 January 2005
My daughter received this book as a gift...what an amazing fictional account of a journey into Egypt. it captures the imagination of my 10 yr old and is well worth buyimg for anyone who simply loves books.