Customer reviews

Man on the Moon (Bartram, Simon Series)
Format: Paperback|Change

on 15 November 2004
Discovered this when it was shortlisted for a book award a couple of years ago. Since then, it's been a hilarious staple of night time reading, day time reading, Daddy reading to himself, and just general conversation between our children and ourselves. Visitors to the house get handed it to read, and rush out to buy copies of their own. My son and his mates are now Billy the Man on Mars and Sam the Man on Saturn. (Oddly none of them are Bob!) Grandma has just mailed a copy to a young cousin in Western Australia, so hopefully Bob and his aliens (what aliens?!) will begin to take root there too.
Absolutely my favourite book to read to children, one of their favourites to listen to (though Daddy insisting on reading it never goes down well...) and beautifully drawn too.
Can't recommend highly enough.
on 7 March 2017
Simon Bartram's books are brilliant! I bought this to add to my collection of books to read with my class and we all love it! The story is funny and the illustrations are superb as there's so much to see and find. I can also highly recommend Dougal's Deep Sea Diary by the same author. I've managed to get two weeks worth of work out of this one book alone and barely scratched the surface!
on 5 September 2017
This was a present for my son's best friend. He apparently loves it and it is his choice of bed time story every night!
on 7 August 2017
Exactly what I needed my godson loved it!
on 24 May 2017
Lovely book, a favourite on our book shelf.
on 26 March 2017
Delivers quickly. It's a fantastic book. Beautifully illustrated.
on 12 October 2017
Fast delivery! aaa++
on 3 April 2007
Both my daughter and I love this book. The illustrations are fantastic, beautiful affairs that gives loads of detail to look at, the story is good, even after the 100+ read. If you get this one consider 'Dougals deep Sea Diary' too; it's great and there are a couple of subtle tie ins that make them work well together.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 10 March 2014
My son loves proving Bob wrong and pointing out all the aliens that moon-worker Bob fails to spot. Heaps of bedtime fun.

We spend a day with Bob, the man on the moon who keeps it clean and entertains/educates moo visitors.

I've had this out of the library three times in the last year. We enjoy it so much, for my son it's a great 'he's behind you' story. For me it's a piece of art for the wall with a winning picture book story attached. I adore Bartram's drawings. They really are like modern art, beautiful to look at.

I love reading this at bedtime, hope you like it too.
on 26 September 2017
The book is called Bob: Man on the Moon. The name of the author is Simon Bartram. I like when Bob is in space because space is fun. The aliens in the craters are hilarious! In the book there are colourful and beautiful pictures. Bob was in a rocket ship. The illustrations are beautiful. Some planets in the book have dull colours. I really liked it when Bob was in his rocket and when he was in his bed. The the story is amazing but I didn't really like the part where the aliens hid in the craters. The aliens are a little bit crazy.The aliens on the moon might scare babies, so I wouldn't recommend this book to babies. I would definitely recommend to children over 3 years old and adults.
This book is fantastic! I can't wait to read more books from this author.