on 17 October 2006
I was lucky enough to be taught to make pasta by Ursula Ferrigno (at the Caffe Caldesi cooking school), and since then have bought many of her books; they are all lovely, just like her, but Trattoria is my favourite. It's beautiful to look at, of course, but most importantly, it's full of stuff which I really want to cook and eat. I am a very passionate, and pretty experienced cook, so I often by cook books to read, rather than follow recipes from, but this is one I go back to for recipes over and over again. I recommend it to anyone who is interested in food and eating, whether a beginner or a great cook.
on 14 April 2005
This is a great book - I can't recommend it enough. Most of the recipes are fairly simple so you won't be put off by having to buy loads of ingredients you wonder whether you'll ever use again. Wonderful colour photographs so you can see what the end result will be. Just like the food you really find in Italy.
on 15 June 2007
Really authentic Italian food.

Forget your plastic lasagne and delve into the realms of what real Italians love to eat. Easy, seasonal recipes that everyone will love.
on 26 March 2016
Dated but great book
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 4 January 2011
I love cookbooks and probably buy too many. This is a lovely addition. Not actually cooked anything from it yet so might be a resolution for 2011!!
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse