on 22 November 2016
I found this book fab...it makes you sit up and think about what your doing with your life..so girls I finished my book in bed tonight with no red wine in my body ....that's a first for me in a very very long time...I have started my journey...wish me luck..get the book it will help you .....
11 Comment| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 2 February 2018
Totally got me started and through the first 6 weeks of sobriety. Am now 5 months in and can't believe how easy it has been with the help of this book and the other by same authors. I was the life and soul of the party, reached for the bottle at the first trigger of stress/upset and had my husband to encourage me to do it! He still drinks but a lot less and from being sceptical actually says "You don't need to drink! (to be life and soul/giddy)" I'm also the taxi now so it's all good. I fully recommend it and being sober is the new black don't ya know?!
on 13 January 2014
This book has completely changed my attitude towards alcohol!! Please read this book, you will not regret it!! It's changing my life!!
on 12 April 2018
Compared to other Sobriety memoirs, this one was particularly flat and unengaging. It constantly alikened alcohol to a useless man that you should break up with, reminiscent of a 90s/00s feminism, and even referenced Bridget Jones a couple of times. I found this incredibly patronising and simplifying, not to mention assuming that all of its readers were female and heterosexual.

It didn't really address the science behind addiction, and overly simplified one's relationship with alcohol. The case studies were also particularly dulled-down to the lowest common denominator. There was little info as to how those individuals recovered and the work they put in.

Ultimately, I think there are better memoirs and studies out there.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 19 August 2013
Written by two women with personal experience of the damage alcohol can do in our lives I found it insightful, honest,easy to read and a real encouragement.
on 15 November 2017
This is a great book for anyone struggling with alcohol addiction, or anyone looking to quit drinking to improve their life.

It takes on the issue from a woman's point of view, but I found it just as valuable as a man.

It's honest and inspiring and I would recommend it to anyone.
on 19 January 2015
Great read . Read as many as you need to read in your journey to staying sober . These authors are here to help you and I ..Good luck to YOU ..the reader of this review ! you're here reading this because you know you have a problem as do I , so go for it , we're all rooting for you XX
on 5 May 2015
Excellent for breaking the barrier of drinking. Some alcohol self help books are so underpinned by religious themes and suggest without this sobierty is unachievable. The individual stories are the highlight of this book and each and every person reading it I think would be able to recognize a part of themselves in at least one. I saw parts of myself in at least three. It is so pleasing to read of the extreme positives of not drinking this foul sewage called alcohol , that almost makes you want to buy that miracle potion which guarantees you the perfect figure and face no matter what the cost.
on 17 December 2016
Informative, clear, well written and full of helpful information. There are many resources listed that will also help anyone looking to make a change.
on 10 September 2013
There are some tips and ideas to help you see that glass of wine in a different light. There are also a number of case studies that you may relate to. The book is a spin off of the Soberistas web site and the mind set it is encouraging is a great way of viewing your relationship with alcohol.