Format: Paperback|Change

on 21 May 2014
This book is packed with stories of the difference that people's christian faith has made to their day to day life - everything from MDs of toy companies to old ladies in Gateshead! These stories are wound around a practical framework for seeing the full breadth of the difference that the gospel can make.

It is an easy read - providing both personal inspiration and material for presenting in other contexts (I used one story as part of a church talk).

Highly recommended.
on 3 May 2014
I'm yet to reach the end of this book, but am so thoroughly enjoying it I'm writing the review now! Once again, Mark has written a book that masters the combination of being easy to read, deeply challenging and horizon broadening. It has helped me to see my role in God's salvation work differently, not limited by where I am and not just about evangelism. Recommending it to friends already!
on 16 July 2015
It is a book that should be read by everyone. because where anyone works they are on a front line, so how fruitful are we going to be. its all about our attitude to people and how we respond to them. Wherever folks come from, whatever race, colour or creed, first and foremost they are a human being, and we should trerat each other with respect.
on 15 March 2016
Very easy to read and some good ideas for mission but not for the serious bible student or for academics as quite basic at times theologically. Majors on life application rather than theology and bible study. Worth reading though as some interesting ideas and approaches to mission.
on 3 May 2014
I found that Mark's blend of biblical reflection and real-life stories powerfully awakened my imagination for the everyday life of faith in today's world. There are many books I've read that have really motivated me to want to live out my faith authentically and gracefully, but very few have helped me see what I can do in a way that seems achievable. This book did that for me, without falling into the trap of being prescriptive. Mark offers a framework for seeing both God and our ordinary, daily world with fresh eyes, a framework that opens up a fresh perspective on contemporary Christian discipleship. It's a fun read too. Which is also good news. Highly recommended.
on 7 May 2014
Great real-life stories that encourage and inspire.
Easy to read and hard to put down.
Also refreshingly honest that sharing one's faith is not straightforward or easy, as well as the importance of going beyond words to expressing fruitfulness in godly character, good work, grace, moulding character, being a mouth piece for truth and justice and a messenger of the richness of the Gospel.
If you are serious Bible believing disciple of Christ and you want to make your faith relevant in our complex world, this would be a great encouragement to you.
on 13 June 2014
An inspirational and joy-filled book. This is what living out our faith is all about - giving those around us a glimpse of the love and grace and wonder of God's kingdom, being God's person wherever we find ourselves, for such a time as this.

The many stories illustrate how the radiant beauty of God's glory shines out through the lives of ordinary people living ordinary lives.

Highly, highly recommended - I'll be buying more copies to give as gifts.
on 8 June 2016
If you don't think your life or day to day circumstances could have an impact on anybody else's life, I recommend reading this book, packed full of everyday testimonies to encourage that you can make a difference, just where you are.
on 10 May 2014
This is the book for every Christian - packed full of stories from every walk of life, this inspirational book explains that every person is loved by God, and can be used by God wherever they are, whatever they do, employed, retired, or in a local community. Many books 'educate', but this is a book that can change lives, raising the horizons for us all. Buy one - better still, buy two and give one away.
on 14 June 2015
The message of this book is dynamite. It is highly orthodox and does not say anything new - but nonetheless it is a neglected message which Mark Green understands and does a good job of expounding. I believe that most open minded readers would find challenges but also expanded vision and expanded hope.
One word of warning: the author seems to write from within an evangelical tradition and he seems to have done little to adapt his message for a wider audience. Not being an Evangelical Christian I found myself confused or even angered by some of his illustrations. However the message of the book is too important to be limited to readers from one tradition - the weakness is about style, not content.
Whatever tradition you come from I think this would be a profitable read