Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 10 September 2014
Totally absorbed, a fantastic read A+++++
on 15 November 2014
I expected a much larger book , for the price paid I am very surprise all Chris Yates books excellent The lost dairy not very interesting Poor reading
on 2 May 2014
I sent for the book a as present for my husband who is fishing mad, he was a bit disappointed with the content, & not quite what he expected.
on 14 June 2017
Brilliant
on 21 September 2014
Brilliant as always, but far too short, easily read in one hit, so I had to ration myself to make it last. I would recommend to while away an hour, brief but very enjoyable.
on 24 December 2014
A bit of a self indulgence here from Mr Yates but if you're a fan you probably won't see it like that. It's a slim book so don't plan on it taking too many hours of reading to complete it.

Prior to seeing the excellent and well known TV series with Bob James I hadn't heard of this man (I'm not a carp fisher as Carp are fairly rare here in Scotland) but his adherence to antique tackle was a quirk I found very interesting as portrayed on the TV show as I'm a bit of an antique myself and do enjoy using old tackle when possible..
on 18 January 2015
Well written and rewarding for the purist, tho' easy to understand why this diary was "lost". The angling drama is strictly limited, but therein lies the interest . . . reminding us (to vicarious satisfaction) that even a dedicated high-profile record-breaker has his blank days, lost fish and high expectations dashed like every other fisherman. But for the fact that the author would rather die than use a boilie and bolt rig, it would be a three-star read.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 September 2014
Just superb. Chris Yates work is always a joy to read whatever the subject and his lifestyle always makes me envious.
on 26 May 2014
Bought this for my son so have not read it but am assuming as it is 'Yatesy' that it will be quality as usual
on 27 December 2014
up to the high standard which Chris Yates writes too
you will be transported to a point in time where things were much simplier and where chris has choosen to stay in his fishing tackle a nice dip into times past. enjoy .
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse