• Junk

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 May 1999
This is one of the best books that I have read. It really appeals to the teenage market, more books should be written like this.
on 25 April 2013
the book is a fanstatic read incredible writer good story about gemma into drugs heroin and love of tar recommend it to anyone
on 22 February 2016
Very easy to read in-spite of the subject. Scarey too from a parents perspective because it seems to be all very realistic.
on 14 July 2014
I need this for my childrens literature study it came promptly and I am looking forward tor reading it over the summer.
on 29 August 2015
Bought for my daughter who was unimpressed... However she stuck it out intil the end so it must have kept her gripped
on 5 December 1999
Realistic, thought provoking, clever, good characters, superb storyline..... what else can I say other than buy it?
on 21 September 2016
A favourite book that I have been waiting to come out on kindle. Heartbreaking story but so good.
on 8 February 2006
I first read this book when I was about 16-17 and it was brilliant. The expose on how these youngsters became involved in drugs and prostitution and their changing relationships intrigued me.
Now in my early twenties (and older than the intended audience) I look at the main characters, Tar (David) and Gemma in a different light. No longer were they characters whom I could look at as an equal (only in age and going through the process of growing up I must impress) but as silly youngsters. I was still interested in how their relationships developed and how they entered into, and resurfaced from, their immoral lifestyle, but I had lost my empathy with the characters.
In short, this was a great book for teenagers but for those slightly older, it starts to lose its appeal.
on 11 December 2016
Bought for my granddaughter. "It's a great read" she says.
on 14 September 2016
Bought it for grandson but think he's not yet ready for the content