on 4 August 2015
I don't usually write reviews but I have to say how good these books are ! I was really hoping that they wouldn't disappoint after only seeing snippets that made me laugh and I am pleased to say it didn't.
This book although was a bit more serious than police crime and 999 still didn't let me down. It's well written and humour wasn't in short supply as my wife found out AGAIN.
Well worth the price and I'm so looking forward to reading more of his books.
Keep up the writing PLEASE.
on 20 March 2014
Just finished reading POLICE LIES AND ALIBIS by John Donoghue. Can fully recommend it. I have never laughed so much whilst reading a book. I'm sure the couple sat opposite me in the cafe at the golf club the other week thought I was a bit strange just randomly laughing to myself. If you're reading this rest assured I'm not!! Lol. Quite gutted I've finished reading it. Hope there's more coming out and for those who haven't read it I can definitely recommend POLICE CRIME AND 999 ;-)
on 20 April 2014
I'd already read Police, Crime & 999 and loved it, so was looking forward to reading this; I was definitely not disappointed! This book is even funnier than its predecessor, I have literally been laughing out loud reading it regardless of where I was - bed, the train etc. I truly hope that there will be another follow up book as I so enjoy reading John Donoghue's words, he writes in a way that makes you feel as if you're sitting in the pub listening to his anecdotes.
on 14 March 2014
This is the second John Donahue book I have read, both very well written and very very funny. Would highly recommend.
on 9 September 2013
Great book well written, reflects what really happens day to day balancing with the humour you need to get through.
on 27 January 2015
Just finished police lies and alibi's. Very very funny, happily recommend to anyone that wants a good laugh 5 stars
on 24 April 2015
I haven't laughed so much in a very long time! I bought these books following all the positive comments I had read & they didn't disappoint! You simply can't help but laugh out loud at the highly amusing & extremely entertaining tales that the author recounts. A much needed positive alternative to all the bad press the police seem to get these days! I highly recommend these books to anyone who is looking for a guaranteed belly laugh!
on 13 October 2013
Another brilliant book from John chronicling his life as a Police Officer in a town in England, I read when in bed but I know if I`d been reading it travelling, like others I`d have had strange looks from other people for the laughing I did.

If you havn`t read this yet then buy it as soon as you can, fingers firmly crossed that John will be writing another book along these lines.
on 17 August 2013
A wonderfully funny and compassionate peek in to the life of a copper at the sharp end of policing and a more than worthy sequel to 'Police, Crime & 999'. I bought this as a bedtime read and finished it at about 0500 the following morning. From the Death Fart to the bonkers Jack Russell John Donghue tells his stories with wicked humour and clarity. I wish he was our local PC.
on 16 November 2016
I work with this police man .... And this a a fact based fun fest..... Excellent