on 2 December 2013
The Syzygy Oracle book is a fantastic insight to the kabbalistic principles of the 10 sephirot on the tree of life and the 22 paths. If you are familiar with the workings of this jewish mystical teachings then this book will appeal to your intellect immensely. I came across this book by chance and was immediately drawn to its contents, Any mention of Jung in esoteric studies is a must for me. I find Heathers book to be extremely knowledgeable on the Kabbalah and the jewish teachings. The oracle descriptions are presented in a beautiful feminine way and the meditations and exercises Heather shares with her readers on their journeys are very thought provoking. Please be aware that the oracle deck that accompany the book are not sold as one item and if like me you have trawled amazon looking for them then stop there. If you require a set of the beautiful oracle cards then can I advise you to contact Heather Mendel directly through her website the sacredfemininekabbalah.com and explain you are ordering from the UK and would like her assistance in the purchase of these cards. You will find her most helpful and willing to fulfil your request. I have ordered the cards through Heather and the communications I have had with Heather have been brilliant. I would advise anyone interested in Kabbalah studies to purchase this book and oracle deck as I feel this is a truly original and beautiful work of art. Truly inspirational and unique. You can also view the launch of Heathers book and syzygy oracle on you tube.
on 19 November 2017
Well, it's ok, but I will stick to the Tarot books giving brief, concise answers on specific questions. The information given in this kind of Tarot books is not particularly applicable, in my taste.
on 3 January 2014
Heather Mendel's new book and card set offers a uniquely rich and intriguing journey into the tarot and kabbalah. The cards, especially in full color, are stunning, and Heather's lucid and provocative commentary consistently takes me deeply into myself and draws out profound understandings. There is so much packed into each image and interpretation that I am inclined to savor each card for days or even weeks before pulling another one. I often do additional and very rewarding research into the mythic connections Heather makes and meditate on the suggested questions over time. The Syzygy Oracle is much more a tool for telling the future or even reading the present. It is a trove of ancient and contemporary wisdom powerfully packed into a sequence of inspired images that promises to keep unfolding the longer I work with it. Highly recommended.
on 24 February 2014
although I am not totally into kabbalah I found this book to be insightful and full of inspirational thoughts and very healing in nature. wonderful author. amazing imagery. thought provoking and well written. a very useful book for anyone who loves the tarot and/or is looking for an unusual oracle based on the tarot. would certainly read more from this author. she knows her stuff .
on 14 December 2013
This book is truly a gem - a book that ties together wisdom and truths from the Kabbalah Tree of Life, the Hebrew alphabet, the Tarot Major Arcana and archetypes from various world cultures. The inspired drawings at the beginning of each chapter (and corresponding cards) are simply magnificent, full of deep, rich meanings.This book can certainly become a wonderful meditative and transformational tool in your spiritual development.