on 17 June 2017
Excellent book love making these
on 18 October 2015
Fun Packed Craft Book
on 18 October 2015
Fantastic book loved making them would recommend
on 5 March 2016
I absolutely love this book
on 26 January 2014
Super cute indeed. Lovely book full of many different felt animals for you to make. I have a bundle of multi coloured felt which cost me about £5 for over 20 colours, so there is lots of scope for making these little animals whenever I feel like it. I made the little pigeon before Christmas and thought he would be nice as a tree ornament, and then as some Christmas relaxation I made the little lion (See picture). There are many kinds of animals in here including woodland, zoo, domestic, farm and so on. So you will find cows and pigs, bunnies, deer and foxes, cats and dogs (well just one of each!) just to mention a few. They are all cute and appealing to children I'm sure, but would charm lots of grown ups too (like me). The patterns are all included, ready to use but you can make them bigger if you wish. It's a real bonus to be able to use the patterns straight off the page. I find it difficult to enlarge with a photocopier without help. It also costs more money and as you have already paid for the book you don't want that. So three cheers that you can use these patterns with no such trouble.

The end result is really cute, but you need to pay attention to the instructions, which are all there and take your time. Small pieces take time and care to be cut out accurately but its well worth it. Instructions for cutting out are given very clearly - there are several alternative methods. I liked their cute size and enjoyed the stitching. You can make them into things like key fobs and bag charms if you want - brief outline of ideas are given. Laura Howard is a perfectionist and does lovely work. This book is no exception. Lots of useful helpful advice is included about how to work with felt. I don't have her other book yet as I went for this one, loving cute animals as I do. I would recommend.
review image
on 13 September 2013
I really like this book. I love Laura's blog ([...] and her last book and this is a fun book containing 35 patterns for animals on the land, sea and air. I find felt really easy to sew with and you can whip up many of these patterns in an hour or two. I particularly love the fact that each project is versatile and can be made as a gift or adapted to make keepsakes such as brooches, key rings and even mobiles. A fun book for felt lovers!
on 23 March 2015
Just as the title mentions this book contains SUPER CUTE Animals!....and boy are they cute!!! The book is broken up into 6 chapters - all animals of course - IN THE WOODS - including Foxes, owls, badgers etc, ON SAFARI - elephants, lions, giraffe etc, UNDER THE SEA - fish, seahorse, crab, dolphin, whales etc, ON THE FARM chicken, sheep, horse etc, IN THE GARDEN robins, pigeon, butterflies etc, AT HOME - dogs, cats, rabbits etc. The pages are filled with colourful photography and illustrations of step by step guides to making each of the animals. The last few pages contain full size templates for every project. All round excellent book!!
on 31 August 2014
Beautiful book, easy to follow patterns. Would recommend. Having hours of fun sitting at night relaxing and sewing!
on 25 February 2014
Super cute felt animals - purchased this by mistake! But loved it so kept it ! Would recommend it, am now going to try some felting
on 30 March 2015
used this with young children. I had to enlarge the pattern on photocopier, but turned out well for our topic on Africa.
Turned them into wall hanging; puppets and place mats.