Format: Paperback|Change

on 7 May 2014
I'm not keen on the title of this book. Although it does have easy projects suitable for beginners, it is a progressive book and there are some quite complex patterns at the end of the book as well as simple ones. The structure of the book reflects that this is a book for everyone but the title doesn't. I feel putting 'easy' in craft titles undermines the workmanship that goes into both the designs of the author, as well as the maker's endeavours. I feel the same way about anything that has 'quick' or 'weekend' or 'one hour' in the title - all too many craft titles. Often they are anything but and it undermines the skill needed and the achievement and pride at the end result. The beginner needs to feel some sense of deserved accomplishment. There is plenty of scope to feel that with the projects in this book. Even the simple projects are very nice and worth while to make.

Anyway, now I've got that out of the way, I do think this is a lovely book. I prefer it to the original cute and easy crochet by the same author as it seems more substantial with more projects I will actually make. The book is beautifully styled, so nice eye candy but there are quite a lot of items I would actually like to make. There is also scope for using the flowers for other things or altering some of the projects a little to give them a personal touch by maybe mixing and matching the flowers. The projects range from decorative (for example floral shelf borders, a garland and necklace), with some cute amigurumi cats (mum and kittens), and the more utilitarian fingerless mitts which are rather nice and several lovely throws and blankets and cushion covers. I'm quite taken with a bag, as well as one of the scarves and a crochet roll to store those hooks I've acquired but which don't have an official home yet. I've tried out a square for the daisy scarf at the end of the book which is for the more confident crocheter. It was a satisfying pattern and enjoyable and understandable to follow. It's in UK terminology, which is always nice.

A very colourful and pretty book to inspire you to get on making. It's also a lovely book just to look at for inspiration. Obviously you can change colours to suit your own requirements, as well as use your yarn of choice. There is substance to this book, it isn't just about looking pretty because of the nice styling of the pictures. At the current price it is cheaper than some magazines so well worth the money. If you like flowers I'm sure there will be projects to tempt most people.
on 28 July 2015
Just started crocheting again after being taught the basics at junior school---that's longer than i care to mention ! Bought this book thinking i'd give it ago when i'd introduced myself back to the basics .However this book has easy to follow instructions in picture form of every stitch that is needed to follow all the projects within the book. So after practicing all the basic stitches in the front of the book i then picked out the hardest projects to do--- probably not the greatest idea but although there has been a few mistakes on the way,( there's nothing like practice makes perfect)
i,m making some cracking stuff.
Basically don't be worried about giving it ago if your a beginner just read the fore words and practice the basic stitches first.
When doing a project if your not sure just go back to the front and check your doing it right.
I can recommend this book for beginners or for seasoned crocheters.
on 24 April 2014
This book contains a lovely selection of patterns and is my absolute favourite alongside Melody Griffith's Crochet in no time. I received the book this morning and have nearly completed a baby beanie hat. Can't wait to decorate it with flowers. Good patterns and well explained.
on 14 July 2014
Loved this book till I realised it has pages jumbled! Goes from page 112 to page118 then page 114 to page 120/121 to index page 126 /127 then suppliers page 124 then back to page 122!! So pattern instructions jump pages!!!!!!!
on 12 March 2016
This is my 2nd favourite crochet book (favourite is her Cute and Easy original). I have *lots* of crochet books, but these two have the most usable patterns.

Be careful, though. I almost bought this again as when they republished, they changed the cover photo! The 2013 publication has the cover shown in my photo.
on 24 April 2015
This is a beautifully presented book with clear photographs and diagrams of stitches and techniques. It covers the basics from beginners up to projects for confident crocheters.This book is written in UK terms
on 14 October 2013
This was a present for my sister who has begun crochet lessons. She loved the book and will find the patterns invaluable when she begins her project of making a quilt out of squares
on 17 March 2014
As with the other two Nicki Trench books, this one has all the same attributes and is very easy to follow, whilst being easy on the eye. The colours she uses in her demos are lovely.
on 11 March 2014
As a retired lady I thought I would like to use up some of my odd balls of knitting wool. As they are not always enough to knit a garment, I thought I would learn to crochet.
This book takes you through each step with pictures to guide you at each point. There are projects to make as your skill progresses.
on 25 September 2014
I'm a complete beginner in the crochet department and I love this book. So far I've made the egg cosies with flowers and the jam pot cover with flowers. Easy, well explained instructions, so I'm hoping to progress further...