on 30 April 2013
What a great book! After attending an Annie Sloan painting course I'm hooked. This book is packed full of inspiration. No piece of furniture is safe in my house anymore! Thatnks to this book I've also painted on fabric with excellent results.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 11 November 2013
Full of beautiful pictures and clear instructions for the projects. It also has a page showing the colours of the Annie Sloan paints with ideas of which colours to mix together to get the shade you want. I found this very handy. After looking at some of the pictures i couldn't wait to get started on my own project. The sort of book that you will keep forever on your shelf occasionally looking things up.
on 4 October 2013
This book is easy to follow, and pictures that take you through the process, paint colour suggestions, techniques and shortcuts. You don't need to be an expert to start painting your furniture! Really good book for beginners. Lovely pictures.
on 17 January 2017
Bought this for my daughter who is highly delighted with the book. It has lots of coloured photographs, clear and concise instructions and follows the revamp of items through from start to finish. Good quality book even though it does not have a hardback.
on 4 August 2014
This book was beautifully printed I would not be ashamed to have it on display on my coffee table, unfortunately the book was more about shabby chic wheras I was looking for the smooth modern paint effect, this was mentioned but only in a few places. But if you are looking for shabby chic paint effects this is excellent and written by an expert Annie Sloan
on 6 February 2017
I was thinking about paying out to do a day course as I love painting furniture, now I have two Annie Sloan books there's no need, highly recommend this one and paint transformations.
on 24 April 2017
Lovely, practical guide.. with useful advice - I always have it close by when I'm painting!
on 19 April 2013
Yet again Annie Sloan never fails to deliver, great for small home projects or bigger items. Would recommend this book.
on 18 April 2018
I wish I had not gone for the reduced price Kindle version of this book as it is next to useless. I should have paid the full price and had that hard back copy.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 22 October 2017
Does what it says on the tin (excuse the pun) - fulsome information on all aspects of chalk painting and equipment. I should imagine one of the best, practical books around on this subject.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse