Customer reviews

Pretty Patterns: Creative Colouring for Grown-ups
Format: Paperback|Change

on 12 July 2015
Colouring books for grown ups are all the range at the moment, so when I was lucky enough to be offered this book to review I jumped at the chance.

I am an arty person, I have an art degree and I love to create things. This book I found was very relaxing. Personally I don't like using pens to colour as there is every chance they could go through the paper so I stuck to colouring pencils. This was great as I could get tones when colouring too.

There are many different colouring books out there at the moment, this one is full of flowery designs, some are more detailed than others and some have other features on the page such as butterflies. I love how every time I look at the pictures I see something different from the images, as I am colouring them I can also see new things being created.

I would recommend grown up colouring books to everyone, as soon as you are getting a little stressed in your life, pull one of these out and your stress level will soon begin to drop. This is a lovely girly addition to everyone's colouring book collection.

I would like to thank the publisher for sending this in exchange for an honest review.
on 8 July 2014
Didn't realise there were books like this out there. Thought I was 'a bit weird' as I was always doodling and filling spaces - now I can find books that enable me to do more
on 21 August 2014
Beautiful pictures and lots of them. I can colour until my hearts content. Money well spent. Thank you.
on 11 November 2014
This book has been an absolute godsend to me and my stress levels. Every time I feel stressed out, I just open the book get out my felt tips and then get absorbed by the pattern I'm working on and it helps calm me down. Thank you so much x
on 19 September 2014
A lovely book. Very relaxing to colour in. I wish there were more books like this for grown ups to colour.
on 9 July 2015
Looked for a while to find a book that I wanted and opted for this. Spent a small fortune on Stabile 88 point fineliners and Sharpies colouring pens and was looking forward to getting started. Really enjoyed a bit of colouring in until I turned back the page to discover the pens had gone through to the other side! The sharpies were the worst (Sharpies pk 24 fine markers ). The stabile pens had also gone through but not as bad.
So after spending close to £30 on good quality products for a little bit of creative me time I was really disappointed to find I only have half a book to use now if I am lucky as I will have to pick and choose carefully what pictures I do not want to use. Hopefully there will not be two nice ones back to back :-(.
Some really nice prints in the book so depends on whether you're a pen or a pencil person.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 20 July 2015
I bought this for an adult who looks after two older grandchildren, I was really stuck on what to buy her when I remembered she loved helping her children with their colouring books. Another friend had recently taken this up as a hobby and was finding adult colouring to be absorbing.

This book is quite thick and seems to have more pictures to colour than many I have seen. The patterns are generally quite intricate with a few less so which is probably useful if you are just starting out. Some of the patterns are simply lovely and a good buy when you do not know what type of colouring someone would prefer. It is a paperback which is probably better than a hardback as it will lie flatter when colouring. I bought a starter pack of 24 coloured pencils to go with it - one present ticked off my Christmas list.
on 6 December 2014
Fabulous book. Lovely stress relief for a stressed mummy who got the colouring bug
on 27 October 2014
Love love love this item. One of my fave colouring books
on 7 June 2015
This book will keep you entertained for hours, as unlike other publications I have, the pages are printed double sided. The downside may be that pens might transfer through the paper, however, the paper does appear to be a high grade, so this might not be an issue. It definitely doesn't effect me as I prefer pencils anyway (even as an adult I still seem to manage to wear as much of the ink as I get on the paper!!! - not a great look at works lol. Pencils are cleaner). I've only just discovered art therapy colouring books, and love this form of relaxation and de- stressing after a hectic day in work.