on 24 January 2010
I thought this looked very funny when I leafed through it in a bookshop. It really is. I gave it to my husband (conveniently named Steve and known for often being late) for Christmas and it was a great hit. We spent ages on Christmas day reading through it with my mother-in-law and chortling to ourselves.

These cartoons would stand up to a second or third read, too - the premise of each cartoon is really funny and there is a second layer of hilarious references to films, books etc. It's all brilliantly well drawn and cleverly thought out. Very highly recommended - a great book and a proper laugh!
on 27 December 2017
This was for a secret santa for someone not only called Steve but is often just a few minutes late...it went down well and it excuses in it are actually very good and amusing..
on 13 November 2017
some very funny excuses. some of which are unfortunately similar to some of my own. ;-)
on 26 September 2016
An amusing gift idea. I only had a quick flick through before wrapping, but was more than happy to pass on these innovative excuses.
on 30 January 2018
made a great present - very funny!
on 4 January 2015
Gave this Book to a friend notable for bad time keeping, Great imagination in it and some great and simple illustrations inside, Whenever my friend is now late they use an excuse from the book, i don't know if they have memorised them or what, but great inside joke.
on 15 January 2016
I think this is a good gift for anyone who is always late: I bought it as a Christmas present for my cousin who is notorious for being late, and he had to agree that it was a very suitable present. It's quite funny but am only giving it 3 stars because I thought it would be funnier!
on 4 February 2012
I do hope my boss never gets this book (bet that has been said a few times already). This was actually a present but did leaf through it to see if suitable and for inspiration.

Anyway if you do want anything different from the washing machine/boiler/gas/rabies/24hour plague then this book is for you:-)
on 18 January 2016
Excellent... bought as a gift, though I think at least one of the five stars is due to the fact that it was bought for Steve, who is always late!
on 18 March 2014
Hilarious book, although I didn't realise the cartoons inside would be in black and white. The quality of the paper is very poor, but the cartoons themselves are very funny. Bought as a birthday present for dad, Steve, who is always late. Very funny.