Ambition
Format: Paperback|Change

on 1 June 2013
There are readers that will love this...It is akin to 50 shades of grey (only written better), and as such should appeal to those types that love that kind of book. Having said that, it is not to my taste, and I hated the constant reference (several times on almost every page) to designer labels...but of course this is only my personal view.
One person found this helpful
on 18 July 2016
Thought I'd read this again. I read this way back and thought he it's alright, read it a second time loved it its worth a read . Takes a bit get into but it is a good read..
on 31 August 2015
Great retro bonkbuster. Susan Street is a brilliant anti heroine. I love Julie Burchill's humour and bitchiness.
on 18 July 2013
Interesting to see what came out of Julie's mind but tedious with the constant references to fashion items and fancy foods.
2 people found this helpful
on 24 March 2016
Saucy good holiday read
on 4 July 2013
Just as I expected. This is very good. I kind of expected this to be like this hence I ordered it. I was not wrong.
on 29 June 2013
Rude? Not by half. Messed up twenty something so ambitious she will do anything and she does but then you are left wondering will bad girl cine good and live happily ever after, the book doesn't exactly reveal but gives you a great ride along the way while you try and find out!
on 31 March 2017
Dazzling! Fearless! Brilliant!
on 29 January 2015
Boring. My 11 year old writes better.
on 19 July 2013
I read this when it was originally published, and I have to say apart from the odd comment about Filofaxes and eighties designers it is still as good today as it was back in the day.
Thoroughly enjoyable, puts 50 shades of grey in the well, shade!
3 people found this helpful