Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 December 2014
Different ideas on each page but I get the feeling that some of the patterns in this book have been condensed to fit. I started out with the 'simple' table runner and found with the odd word missing here and there and complicated references I needed to get my husband (yes I know!!) to try out his logical approach to instructions and help me out. Easily misleading. I got in to a real mess and even after scrapping my hard work I still couldn't work out how I went wrong. But I did!! There are other patterns to try but I think I will give them a break before I go back to it. None of the patterns are what I would call 'simple' either. If you aren't capable of fitting a zip for example, you aren't going to be able to do at least half of them. Oh, I hate to say it, but I would avoid this unless you are really competent on the sewing machine to start with.
on 8 September 2014
Nice pictures and easy to follow instructions but nothing I would make. I was hoping for some inspiration but the best the book could offer me was making a sewing box and a table runner or an awful denim skirt bag. I wouldn't call the ideas simple either, not for a beginner.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 29 May 2014
Part of the popular Love to Sew series. These books are ideal for beginners since they provide easy projects that make great gifts for friends and family alike. They are colourful books with easy to follow instructions. This book has 20 fun projects with templates where needed. I like the Owl, Tape Measure Cover, Diary Cover, Laptop Cover and Mug rugs and more. This book has been translated from the German book 'Patch Happy'. It would make a nice present for someone starting to sew.
on 22 June 2014
The book does what it says, very easy to understand. I would recommend this book for all levels of stitching
on 14 July 2014
Lovely book enjoyed making the projects easy to follow instructions.
on 19 November 2015
I bought this book as a present for someone who wants to learn patch working and it was very well received. The projects look inspiring but easy enough for a beginner. The book was well packaged and arrived very promptly. I would recommend this book for someone who likes making gifts as there are a lot of good ideas.
on 5 July 2014
Very nice book with loads of inspiring pictures and projects to do. Suitable for all levels of sewers
on 18 August 2015
Like most of the beautiful ideas here and good use of those fabric end pieces and scraps from your main projects. Good ideas for gifts right across the age range and in Christmas fabrics to ensure they come out every year.
on 8 September 2015
Super little book for anyone who needs something to use all those scrap bits of fabric we sewers seem to collect. Have made a couple of the projects and are easy to follow. Well worth having in your book collection.
on 7 September 2014
Can't wait to get sewing