on 25 March 2014
Having bought just about every book on the overlocker to try to improve my use of it, this one has finally done it for me ... You have everything you need here to get the best out of your machine, with great pictures, text and examples to get working on. Buy this book and never look back!!!
on 15 July 2014
For those of you who have just bought an overlocker, contemplating purchasing, or have already have one, but don't fully understand it, then this book will get you started and take you further than just the basics. I have found it well laid out, with loads of full color photographs. Although the book is based on Janome machines, it does apply to all machines. It is well written and although a technique manual, it doesn't bog you down with hard to understand technical descriptions. How much you can do with your machine will mostly depend on the machine that you have and any accessories or attachments that are available to use. There are probably better more advanced books, but for the novice I would recommend this as the first book to go to. A valuable book to have as a reference in your sewing library.
on 6 March 2014
The Overlocker Manual is brilliant. Full of exciting and useful projects. I bought my first overlocker six years ago and from this book I have now learnt how to get the best results. I would recommend this book to all those who have an overlocker or are
thinking of buying one. Money well spent.
on 8 April 2014
This book has been wonderful, very well laid out and clear pictures and text, the descriptions and instructions are very well written.

I have been using my overlocker for a good five years, but never really got to grips with it, it works well but more by luck than judgment. This book has not only demystified the process, but has also shown me how many possibilities this machine has to offer.

I have been sewing for over twenty years, but I learned a great deal. One to have as a reference on your sewing room bookshelf, if only for the fault finding - solutions sections.
on 4 April 2014
this book is really useful if you just got a new overlocker or like me you have had one for a long time and barely use it!! I think I will be making better use of mine from now on this book has good clear illustrations and easy to understand text
on 17 July 2014
My near top of the range overlocker had been sitting unloved and unused for many years after I had found the instructions in the accompanying book so confusing I just abandoned it. This book is a revelation and has inspired me to go back to overlocking which I think I have now nearly mastered. There is no doubt overlocking is an amazing addition to anyone's sewing skills and I would recommend this book unreservedly.
on 8 April 2015
Puts the O into Over locking. Purchased this book after taking it on loan from the library and taking a workshop. It's clear, concise, easy to read, lots of information that would be useful for beginners and/or experienced users. The book includes chapters on various techniques e.g. hems and seams, using feet and other attachments. It provides a chapter on hints, tips and includes several projects. I like the clear photographs, plenty of them and found the book easy to read, something you can keep dipping into. A good buy and a good reference book
on 21 April 2014
Great book. Photos make all the difference. Found the summaries very helpful. Would recommend for those who aren't sure of using an overlocker.
on 27 March 2015
Whether you have just purchased an overlocker or already have some experience using one, this excellent book explains clearly and simply the mechanics of the machine and the variety of finishes which can be achieved. I have had an over locker for some time but realise I have never really known its full potential until I read this book. Initially the book explores how an overlocker works in clear, simple terms which can be applied to any overlocker regardless of make of machine. Finishes that can be achieved are clearly described and enhanced with pictures and step by step instructions how to execute each one. Highly recommended for beginners or experienced users.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 10 February 2014
Want a professional finish to your sewing? An overlocker is the answer. It provides professional seams, hems and edges. This manual provides step-by-step instructions to guide you through the essential techniques. Find out how to get the very best from your overlocker - it is more versatile than you think. A range of projects will help hone your skills. Useful for all skill levels; to learn, remind or keep as a resource. Clear instructions and photographs.