on 3 March 2017
Carol Anne Davis's book Parents Who Kill is one of the most disturbing reads I have come across. Brilliantly and extensively researched, it presents one horror story after another. What can one perceive as being more horrific than someone deliberately taking the life of an innocent child? And when the killer is the child's parent the infamy is surely the very worst - and the most unnatural. I had come across some of these cases over the years, and they stay in the mind. Now, however, in this compulsive work, Davis presents them anew, and with the additional observations on the motives behind the crimes - motives including financial gain, jealousy, attention-seeking. It's all here. An enthralling study.
on 24 March 2014
This is the first book of this genre I have read, and I was fascinated by it. It is obvious the subject matter is going to be harrowing and, as a mother, I found it incomprehensible how parents can be so callous. However, the author did a very good job of explaining the psyche behind these people in a no-nonsense fashion but also in a way that a layman could understand. I have an interest in psychology and I found the book an excellent insight. I have bought two more of her books and would recommend this one to anyone with an interest in this type of reading. Well done Carol!
on 11 May 2017
The book is well written and awfully surprisingly long. I couldn't wait to finish it. I was under the impression it was just about Phil Potts (the man featured on the front cover) but it's a series of short chapters on many many different cases. It seems to blame young single mothers as the main offenders which yes there will be but not always. I won't read this book again as the subject matter is to upsetting
on 22 March 2016
A friend gave this book to me after we watched a documentary about a man who killed his entire family. I hadn't read a true crime book before but found this riveting. The author identifies twenty four different types of parents who kill and gives examples of each so that you understand why they behaved in such a horrific way.
on 30 April 2017
A well choreographed account of pure evil against children by their own parents, this is a must read.
It sends out a strong message for all to watch out for any signs in preventing this happening again..........
on 30 December 2014
Really enjoyed this book, even though its filled with very harrowing stories of child neglect and abuse its a must read. Made me sit up and think what the hell is happening in this world? I will be more vigilant in future.
on 7 May 2017
Regurgitated Daily Mail drivel. Disappointed as very light on content and facts.

Don't bother with it if I were you
on 12 April 2017
hard to beleive what some parents will do should stay locked up for life
on 20 March 2017
Very interesting - kept me reading every story is heart gripping.
on 29 March 2017
this is an interesting book but got a bit bored after a few chapters.