Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - U2 Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 17 May 2014
Bought for husband birthday he is taking on holiday so cannot review fully but he was pleased with it. .
on 11 February 2014
The book was in very good condition, it was delivered promptly, the price was very reasonable. A good read whilst flying over to Australia to watch the cricket, pity they didn't play as well as the book :-)
on 5 February 2015
Excellent book
on 19 January 2014
Don't have any comments as this was ordered for someone else. no further comments to make to make up words.
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 July 2014
Cricket seems to inspire some great writing, sadly that's not the case with this sorry excuse for a biography.

I was bought it as I like cricket, I'll be honest I'm no fan of the rebranded Pietersen (or KP, as he seems to be known these days) but gave it a go. I had to retire well before the finish, a massive damp cloud stopped play. It's the worst cricket related book I've ever picked up.
on 17 January 2010
I have found Kevin Pietersen a fascinating and intriguing personality ever since he made his debut in international cricket and I was looking forward to reading this book to find out more about him and what makes him tick.
I found this book very interesting and easy to read. I had no idea just how difficult and turbulent Pietersen's life had been until I read this book.
He is a complex, occasionally flawed, but ultimately good man and this comes across as the author offers some objective analysis to some of the more controversial episodes in his life.
The book is broadly pro-Pietersen, although the author offers some criticism of his behaviour and attitude on occasions. He clearly takes the side of Pietersen when it comes to the debacle that surrounded his short reign as England captain, and is quite critical of coach Peter Moores's attitude.
I ended this book thinking I had received excellent value for money, and had learnt a great deal about cricket's most entertaining and controversial character.
If you're a fan of Pietersen's attacking play, or just want to know more about how his mind works, this book is definitely for you.
on 1 April 2013
Son (11) found it a bit heavy going, but that may be down to him only being 11. He is a very keen cricketer and plays at a high standard. He is keen to know how the England players got to be selected and how they 'tick'! Hence he is reading several biographies!
on 11 December 2013
It goes on for a bit to long and some parts can be very samey. Overall its a good read though.
on 23 October 2014
Am I the only one who is amazed at how poorly this book is written? I was a teacher for along time and, in my view, this is written in the style of a primary school child.
I have always been fascinated by Kevin, unable to make up my mind, so I was keen to read this. Kevin deserves better than this. Anyone deserves better than this. I have learnt nothing except how to plough through very poor writing in search of ideas and opinions. I have found nothing new.
There is no good cricket writing here. Each match seems boring (they weren't when I watched them). There are a few very clichéd character descriptions. Where are the real people?
This could have been a brilliant book - but isn't.
on 17 June 2013
The main impression given by this book, is that Kevin Pietersen is always right. His sulking attitude has long been known by cricket fans and it is no wonder that the Notts Captain threw out his kit.
In my opinion, the author bends over backwards to be "nice to Kevin" and does not challenge Pietersen's behaviour.
A talented cricketer, but not the most pleasant person.