Format: Hardcover|Change

on 26 June 2013
I have known the gardens at Kew since I was a small child but this beautiful book is full of the most surprising images that have allowed me to view the gardens with an historical perspective that I had never really considered before. It has caused me to look at various parts of the gardens with a much more questioning eye. It has given me a reason to revisit the whole 300 acres and to envisage the many glorious past activities that have happened there over the last century and a half+. I was very surprised that it is such a substantial work at such a low price. The two authors clearly know their subject very well and it is a fascinating companion to the official history of Kew by Ray Desmond. I have been slowly reading my way through the latter but I read through this photographic equivalent in a single sitting and have revisited it several times since. My book of 2013 so far, if nothing else for the cover picture alone. bring back the horses Kew!
on 4 July 2013
A dream came through when i saw that this book was being published. Thank you Kew for all your great achievements.
on 8 May 2014
Perfect gift for my Dad, to go alongside a year pass to Kew Gardens. He loved it, and has been pouring over the photos in anticipation of a sunny day when he'll be heading for a visit.
on 30 December 2015
Highly recommend this book especially anyone interested in Kew Garden .
on 3 May 2015