on 9 November 2014
Found some parts to be amusing, but it didn't hold my interest enough for me to finish the book.
on 17 December 2014
Differant
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 29 January 2014
Found it all rather boring.Gave up trying to read it as it was not the type of sci-fi I would normally read.Others may enjoy it but I didn't
on 28 January 2014
Thereafter it gets pretty repetitive, with more factoids about space travel and terretrial geography/geology/zoology etc than humour.

Bit disappointing really
on 3 March 2014
A very entertaining read written from a different perspective but it is a little repetitive after the initial scope is covered.
on 26 November 2013
I had never before realized how much planning would have to go in to an Alien Invasion. Apparently there is a lot of work to be done, and the authors of this book recognize the previous failed attempts of Alien's to invade our planet. Such terrible attempts where they, that the authors have taken it upon themselves to give the aliens a hand so they wouldn't embarrass themselves.

The book is filled with lots of how to's and lots of information on not only our planet but other nearby one's, a chunk of the information I had no clue about at all! It also provides different angles on what to do depending on what you're using to get there....wormholes, starships and so on, not to mention the logistics of the whole thing and an intense debate about whether or not to destroy all the humans.

We Will Destroy Your Planet is a good bit of fun, full of comments to make you laugh, but most importantly, it delivers a lot of information, some that you might not know and some that you might, of the scientific variety mostly, but including some information on the planet and the country's in it as well as previous UFO crashes and the such. There was lots of fun and interesting information to learn.

All of that information is taken and delivered in a concise way, but not losing any of the detail, and explained in an easy to understand way. There is no over complication. The format, and the context of how the information is being delivered makes it more fun to read than say a textbook on the matter. The information is laid out very well and very clearly. There are different sections, and in each section there are sub headings with short or sometimes long (a couple of pages at most) information on each subject, such as the attack, what weapons to use, how to take care of us, whether to kill us and so on. Not to mention things to avoid doing, and other nefarious means of control. The book is also sprinkled with drawings of classic aliens to break up the text, as well as little boxes of key information.

Many a time was Star Wars, Doctor Who, Daleks, War Of The Worlds and other similar cult classics mentioned. For instance the Daleks idiocy in a certain Doctor Who episode when attempting to replace the core of the planet was presented as a don't to our future Alien overlords, and Light Sabers where offered as an option regarding weaponry. Not to mention the Men In Black as a possible threat. All of this made the book very current, and added an element of things a lot of young people could relate to and knew about as well as the information they didn't, and it was used as examples as if it was real, a thing a lot of Sci-Fi geeks would appreciate I'm sure!

The end section of the book, full of books, TV shows, Movies and games depicting Alien invasion had me fondly reminiscing of playing Space Invaders and Destroy All Humans, and my tendency to quote the speech from Independence Day along with them.

I found some of the Alien Crash stories, and Abductions fascinating as I hadn't heard the majority of them, and considering i'm from Surrey where one of them actually happened I was slightly excited to find out about it. It's very clear to me that a lot of research and work went in to this book, it's a mix of educational and fun, with cult classics thrown in for good measure.

Full of science, history, media reports of alien encounters, cult classics, and much more, it's perfect for Alien enthusiasts, and the Sci-Fi geek in you. We Will Destroy You is very much in the same vein as Horrible Histories and it's other spin off's, and fans of that will also love this.

Huge thanks to Osprey Publishing, the fact I read this while queuing for Star Wars is so not lost on me!