on 18 January 2016
What an atmospheric book! The descriptions of the setting were vivid an entrancing.
I read Highland Storms (featuring the big brother of the hero in this book) and really enjoyed it. Monsoon Mists stars Jamie Kinross - whose story was hinted at in Highland Storms, but is explained in this one - and Zarmina Miller - beautiful, damaged and mixed race (which was a big deal at the time).

I enjoyed the story a lot. Zar is spirited without being annoying and she's really, REALLY good at her job. I like that. Jaime is... well, a little too perfect for my tastes - he's a gem expert, he's noble, he can speak several languages, he can hold is own in a fight, he's a skilled but considerate lover. Written out like that he does sound like a pretty great hero...must just be me. Wouldn't be the first time I've been told my taste in men is odd - I'm a beta hero kinda girl.

All in all, it's a lovely book. If you're following the stories of the Kinross boys, you'll really enjoy this. And it's got pirates in it. Who doesn't love a book with pirates in it?
on 7 November 2014
I am a fan of Christina Courtenay’s writing and was delighted when her latest book, Monsoon Mists was released. My favourite settings for historical fiction are Ireland and Scotland but I was enchanted by the exotic location of this novel. The author’s vivid, sensual writing style brought eighteenth century India alive for me.
The book is a love story set against an action packed plot. I was as captivated by the company rivalries and jostling for control of the cut throat gem trade as I was by the love story. The romantic side of the story develops slowly as the main characters gradually realise their attraction to each other and hesitantly explore love and desire. I found the love scenes tender and almost innocent as well as passionate – a very old fashioned courtship – which was delightful.
Since I’ve already read Highland Storms and Trade Winds I enjoyed discovering “the other brother’s” story in Monsoon Mists. Readers will enjoy this book as a standalone romance or as part of the trilogy of the Kinross family. I heartily recommend it.
on 3 April 2018
I have really enjoyed reading all the books in this wonderful series, and this one was equally as good as the first two. I love the way the author weaved the stories around the different settings, and yet brought everything and everyone together in the end. I shall miss reading about the Kinross men very much indeed! Great characters and great stories.
on 18 March 2016
The final part of the trilogy concerning the Kinross family covering 3 generations. I have enjoyed immensely the adventures of these characters, really exciting story lines, and such a wonderful achievement by Christina Courtenay to be able to leave readers craving for more - I hope it will not be too long before there will be more of her novels to enjoy. I can recommend all of this author's books most highly.
on 5 January 2017
Christina Courtney is a master at telling stories. Her books transport to another time and place. This book in particular spoke to me becuase India is one of my favourite places. I read the whole thing in one sitting!
on 25 March 2016
I have really enjoyed reading about the adventures of the Kinross family, and their far flung exploits to build a fantastic family business. The sons trips to Ancient China and India were amazing to read about, you felt like you were there.
on 24 July 2014
I have enjoyed this book so very much as with the Trade Winds and Highland Storms it was extremely well researched and written. Christina has away of drawing you into a story and not letting go until the end. I would say her books are like a good wine, full of character and meant to be savoured.
on 7 September 2014
I loved reading Monsoon Mists and the further adventures of the Kinross family. These historical novels are so well researched and brought to life. I've read all Christina' s books and have enjoyed them all. I look forward to the next one...
on 30 August 2014
Once more another of her brilliant books, great story, easy reading and ideal for that holiday book. Arrived before stated time and was well packaged, lost in it from start to finish, then onto the next...:-)
on 19 August 2017