on 28 April 2014
Having bought the first 'The Detective's Daughter' by accident and thoroughly enjoyed it, I was pleased to see this follow up, and it doesn't disappoint. An intriguing story, again with the split time lines, it got a little confusing at the end - but probably serves me right for reading the last few chapters at bedtime. I'm not sure if Thomson can get anymore stories out of The Detective's Daughter but nay doubt I will buy the next instalment if she does.
on 27 April 2017
I really enjoyed this and the previous novel. I'm reading them in order. I like the fact that the detail in descriptions made by the two central characters is inspired by their respective disorders and the unique perspective each gives them. Their voices and their reasoning remain beautifully consistent throughout. Clever writing.
on 25 March 2017
Happy customer
on 18 April 2014
This is the 3rd Lesley Thomson book I've read. I looked out for it and bought it as soon as I could. It's one of those books that I can't put down, but at the same time, I don't want it to end. Convoluted plot, eccentric characters, fabulous scene setting, and lots of signposting and red herrings leave you guessing to the end. Smashing.
on 23 April 2014
I don't usually write reviews but felt I had to in this instance. I read the first book, The Detective's Daughter, and thought what a great book that was and looked forward to Ghost Girl, and it didn't disappoint. A very good plot, a bit different from the usual with quite a few twists and turns. The main characters, Stella and Jack are developing very nicely and I do have to admit a soft spot for Jack. All in all one of the best books, indeed series, I have read, and although only just out cannot wait for "part three"
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 6 August 2014
I love a good series - I enjoy the ongoing revelation of the main characters' backstories and gradual unfolding of their lives. I read the first in this series after it popped up in my Amazon recommendations and very quickly bought this one and the third in the series so far. I've enjoyed them very much; I like the writer's style and narrative voice(s) and thought the books were soundly plotted. I like that the principal character, Stella, has a cleaning firm and loves bringing order to chaos and filth; I think it's quirky and amusing.

The books are not so much about working out the who as being involved in the what and the why and how the characters think and feel and respond. I prefer this kind of mystery story; I find it more engaging and entertaining.
on 30 May 2014
Got into this much faster than the first book. But by middle was finding it tedious. As if to say hurry so I can start something better. Barely made it as a three star rating
on 25 August 2014
Gave up early. All the characters seemed unappealing. Setting flipped between times & people in a way that didn't allow me to settle into the narrative and get a sense of where it was going. The book's description made it appear attractive. For me it wasn't.
on 3 October 2014
This is one of the worst books I have read for a long time. Having read The Detective' s Daughter, and found it reasonable, foolishly I bought Ghost Girl. As the reviews (I read them too late!) say, it turned out to have a confusing and implausible storyline, too many aliases and changes of location. Why did I keep reading? Because I could not believe how badly written it was, kept hoping for some improvement. All through the book, I found myself mentally rewriting some passages, and thinking how the editing could have been so much better. I shall not purchase any more of this writer's books, and would advise any prospective buyers of Ghost Girl to read the reviews and consider carefully before parting with hard-earned cash.
on 14 September 2014
I love this series, the main characters are so delicately drawn, and it makes a refreshing change from the many ruined macho characters at the centre of mystery novels. I really hope this author continues, the stories are so intricately woven that even when you guess the twist it is still satisfying to see it all fall together. My favourite author at the moment, cannot recommend highly enough!