Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 April 2017
Based in the USA a trucker and accomplices abduct young women for their own perverted gratification. A young rookie policewoman investigates the disappearance of two young girls and her police partner.
The book is clever because it makes you imagine what happens to the taken women without going into graphic detail. It also has twists and turns and an ending that does not entirely favour the good guys.
Recommended
on 29 September 2015
I'm a huge fan of literary classics, but in all honesty, my absolute favourite reads are thrillers, you know those books you can just read through in no time and you just keep turning pages to find out what happens next? This is one of these. its not a pleasant subject but when it comes to serial killer books, it never is going to be.

It's gripping, readable, a book that isn't taxing, its just great to read.

The story is engaging, the antagonists are horrible and the protagonists, while not especially endearing, are human.

All in all, a great lightweight read, but with a heavy subject matter.
on 16 May 2015
I can't say with any honesty that I was all that impressed with this book (hence the 5 stars. There was far to much description and not enough action. The story is nothing unique and the character, to me, were not realistic I think the author has some way to go in character building describing their clothes and build doesn't get the reader into the mind of the character. However, I read a lot of thrillers by experienced Authors and C J Box could improve book by book.
on 30 March 2015
I don't think I've read any of this authors books before, all I can say is where have you been? I thought this was terrific,it is my favourite genre when its well done, and this was.There were moments that totally took me by suprise,and yes there were some graphic descriptions but they were in keeping with the plot.I really liked the female lead dectective ,no spoilers from me but towards the end of the book I couldn't read it fast enough and stayed up way too late,for me it was a really entertaining read.
on 26 April 2016
Purchased as price was right as it was by c j box but could not get into it ended up giving up maybe I have been spoilt by the joe pickets books which I find hard to put down and this book just did not do it for me
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 25 August 2015
This is the second book in the series and the first book I have read by this author. Having read this one i will certainly be reading more by him. A gripping read that I found hard to put down.
on 21 December 2013
A book I would not really have picked off the shelf but it was recommended to me and I found it quite scary.I am sure things like this do occur .
on 17 November 2013
I always enjoy books by C. J. Box. The plots are always pretty good and the characters are always believable.
on 17 May 2017
a different kind of story .... to be continued....
on 21 August 2017