on 4 June 2015
I bought this book when it first came it, I enjoyed it but it didn't seem to work for me, (this was my fault I was not doing it correctly) I went on a Mindfulness course and just couldn't get the hand of meditation with Mindfulness. So I got my Mind Calm book out again, reread it again, and got in touch with Sandy, asking for tips and advise. He was really helpful and I can tell he gets great satisfaction from passing the Mind Calm technique onto people, and now Mind Calm seems so much easier, I am going to stick with it, so I can have a different relationship with my mind.
Thanks Sandy for helping me out, you are a gentlemen, and deserve all the success that is coming your way.
on 3 April 2014
If your interested in calming the mind start your journey here! Plain straight to the point no nonsense direction in why and how you can stop all that back ground mental chatter.
on 2 June 2014
found the book a bit helpful - had to read some sections a few times before I understood
what was said and what I should be trying to do.
maybe it was just me!!
on 27 June 2014
Very interesting concept but difficult to follow. A book that the reader will have to go back to again and again to get the full benefit.
on 5 January 2015
I've been trying to meditate for years....I've read so many books and 'tried' loads of different techniques. Nothing felt right for me, until I found Mind Calm. Sandy makes meditation accessible, easy, and something that feels possible to slip into daily life. The revelations and 'aha' moments in this book have made huge changes in my life. I recommend this book to my clients and friends - if you want peace with your mind then I recommend it to you too!
on 4 March 2014
I'm new to Sandy Newbigging's writing and found it a breath of fresh air. Whilst it's quite straightforward to list the reasons why it's good for us, it's very difficult to describe the practice of meditation in a way that people can relate to. As a lapsed meditator, I've found myself re-inspired to go back to it. The author gives a spot-on and sympathetic account of the challenges and experiences that come up once we start a regular practice. He also keeps us going with the vision of paradise he lays before us, one of joy, peace and love bubbling up from within us. A sincere, concise, un-self-conscious and beautifully written book. Thanks Sandy.
on 5 March 2014
Sandy has a way of taking complex topics and putting them into digestible chunks for us to absorb and understand. I also like way he "summed up" the concepts and techniques at the end of each chapter.

I have been struggling to meditate daily for over 10 years. This book is full of tips and techniques that can be used to easily meditate and create "mind calm". I like the idea of meditating throughout the day using open eye meditation. These are tools and techniques that I can actually use daily to help me along my path

I think this book is something that I shall carry with me for a long time!
on 25 April 2016
I do not normally do reviews but this book warrants one.it is the best book I have ever read on how your mind works and on the powers of meditation.There are many insights on how your mind works and many practical tips.The GAAOW technique is simple and deceptively powerful and the book presents a very compelling case for why you should meditate. The initial purchase cost may seem pricey but it is well worth it
on 3 March 2014
Mind Calm is a simple brilliant book to explain how to achieve Peace, Love and Happiness with simple meditation techniques that teaches you how to be consciously aware and step back from engaging in the mind cycle of incessant thinking and return to the still silent spacious aspect of yourself that is already calm.

You don't need to find time to fit these techniques into your busy lifestyle, the busyness is the reason you need to read this book and absorb the content.

Mind Teaching Techniques; Don't change your mind. Make peace with your mind.
on 9 August 2014
Just like many other similar books: too much focus on the problem and not enough on how to change it.