on 14 March 2014
Lots of the other reviews explain the concepts in this book, so I won't do that. I will share my experience so far, on day 3 of reading this book. I got this book because I was starting to obsess with my own thoughts and I just could not switch off. For well over a month I've been through all the emotions and fears I've ever known and over analysing everything. I REALLY just wanted to get some solace from that - I wanted my mind to be calm.

I am spiritual but I really don't think you need to be in order to benefit from this book. All you need is to be a human with thoughts. I must commend Sandy's writing style, as he's managed to help instill a sense of calm in me as I read the book, as a few weeks ago even seeing certain words would have made me wobble, but I just feel peaceful when reading this. Completely. I've already had a couple of "a ha" moments reading this book - ones which apparently friends have already told me within the last week. I guess Sandy has a way of putting it that worked better for me and where I am at the moment.

I love the way the practical advice kicks in quickly in this book, whilst describing the reasons behind the concepts. Lots of other books waffle on at you for ages and you're left going "yes but HOW?" there's none of that in this book. There is a perfect mix of "here's the thing" and "here's how to address it" and "notice how you just felt then, just then when..."

I woke up this morning a couple of hours before the alarm went off, consumed by anxious thoughts and memories, so I got up and picked the book up and spent a 2 hours dipping into it, relaxing enough to nap, waking to read another page or two... and I just felt the anxiety disappear and I've been more level all day.

I am only halfway through this book and already thinking I need to sign up to become a coach under Sandy's instruction so I can help other people learn this technique. So it's inspiring and really does feel to me like something everyone should know, and especially kids.
on 2 December 2017
Everybody should do this course! The world would be a far happier place.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 10 April 2014
Really clearly written and easy to get into. I would recommend this to any other spirit junkies out there, as I thought it complemented other teachers I follow and gave me some alternative tools and techniques to use.
on 9 July 2014
Great, easy to read and understand.
on 5 January 2015
This is really good helpful stuff. Lots of well researched strategies for self rescuing, calming down and getting a different take on your day.
on 12 May 2014
Interesting read. Need to build time to really study it. Early signs are promising. I think it will be useful.
on 14 July 2014
The advice is sound, but the terms he uses smack of the crass corporate business speak prevalent amongst north American business gurus. I found his repetition of gaawo and the protocol stuff tiresome and business like. He comes across as a bit new age with a dash of Hinduism on his own terms thrown in. I prefer Eknath Easwaran, but this is probably a matter of personal taste. Good advice nevertheless.
on 3 March 2014
Ever since I discovered Sandy's teachings my relationship with my mind has changed tremendously. Sandy explains so clearly the workings of the mind and how to have peace with whatever is happening in your mind. Thanks to Mind Calm meditation I have become more serene, confident and present. Thanks to Sandy's teachings I can experience peace effortlessly right here, right now regardless of my external circumstances.
on 5 May 2016
This book was initially quite promising but then went downhill. I would compare this to watching a movie with a good story line but ends up drifting with no finale. Its a real shame because I really wanted to like this book...

You will across the term GAAWO a lot in this book... Sadly it didn't really work for me. I'm not even sure I fully get it but basically keep you eyes on one thing then the surrounding things become blurry. A bit like Bokeh in photography (see image). I feel ??? after reading this book...
review image
on 7 March 2017
very very good interesting book.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse