Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 15 March 2015
To be honest whilst reading half way through I became sceptical & stopped reading. But for some reason a couple of months later I continued to completion. Possibly because I had subcontiously wanted to believe. I then purchased the CDs. All I can say is Wow. I had been practicing mindlessness for 6 months previous but this is something else. The book definitely prepares you for the mediation so well worth the purchase.
on 20 July 2016
I bought this book about 10 months ago after seeing the film “what the bleep do we know” and I wanted to wait before I wrote a review as so many self help books fail to make a difference in real life, Not this book! I love the evidence based theories and real life examples, Dr Joe’s writing style is highly accessible and kept me engrossed. After reading You Are The Placebo i went on line and bought Dr Joe’s meditation and made an effort to meditate every day, his is the first meditation i have attempted and i must say it was hard to stay in it for over an hour every day but i have found it well worth the effort.
I am still implementing the meditations and ideas into my life and i am seeing amazing results. I haven't read a lot of books in this kind of genre but i can say this this is possibly the most significant book I have read in my life and if you can keep an open mind then you will feel the benefit of Dr Joe's work.
on 12 April 2017
Excellent for anyone wanting to know more about the mind /body connection..And to deepen their meditation practise..Certainly not a fraud and definitely not a waste of money..I am sure the many participants of his workshops can attest to the effectiveness of his teachings..The knowing is in the doing 😊
on 30 April 2017
Changed my life forever. The meditation CD helped me to practice everything that I read in the book. Opened my eyes on how the brain if used correctly can achieve its full potential. The best book I have ever read in my entire life. It's an essential read for everybody. I keep it next to the Bible as it all very much interrelated.
on 17 May 2014
This is the biggest quantum leap you will ever take in this lifetime. People recovering from degenerative diseases time and time again, just by changing the way they think, thanks to Joe Dispenza.

Joe Dispenza has written two previous books, 'Evolve your brain' and 'Breaking the habit of being yourself'. What exactly happens the the physiology of a human being when there is a spontanious remission from terminal cancer. It can happen almost overnight. It happens again and again all over the world, but no-one knows why. So, Dispenza becomes qualified in every science relevant to finding out and sets about finding the answer. What exactly are these people thinking, to make this happen? What is happening in their brains when they are healing?

Brain scans reveal which sections of the brain become activated and stimulate the physiological changes in the body when a person mentally breaks away from the stress programs in their body. Conscious attempts at this are feutile, because it's the body that fills itself with adrenaline and cortisol when the red flag goes up and each and every time, there is absolutely nothing we can do about it.

Joe Dispenza shows the scientific pathway he has been exploring for the past thirty years (since he miraculously recovered from 6 compession fractures of his spine with a spinal cord twisted like a pretzel, surgeons wanting to afix bars down either sides of his vertibrae to prevent him from being paralised and crippled. He went home and fully recovered in 10 weeks, no back pain since. Yes, that's totally impossible, but it happened, so it's not). Brain scans following the route the brain takes people reverse the genetic changes that have occured within your body, hammered by environmental stressors all your life. There is a process, which has been blindly recognised and referred to over the years by science as the placibo, or in religious terms it's called a miracle. Now they know what's happening and how to replicate the process. How to heal by thought alone. Thought, got you into this mess, now how about thought getting you out of it.

I'm now practicing the process in this book and my thrity years of endless searching, reading, theorizing and analysing are well and truly over. There is a meditation CD you really have to buy to go with the book. But read the book to fully appreciate what is actually happening during the meditation and to strengthen your understanding and belief that you are just about to see the light for the first time in your life.

This book should have a stand of it's own. I am not religious and I am not a crazy. Take a chance with this book. You will never look back again.

Thank you Joe !

Ian
22 Comments| 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 January 2016
I think this book is fantastic but takes a lot of effort to read. It contains many technical words, although Joe Dispenza does take time to explain them all. The basic idea is that if a placebo can cure an illness - then somehow our own minds must have the ability to cure our illnesses. A very simple yet possibly life-changing idea. The problem is finding a way of using the placebo effect for ourselves!

The book quotes many instances of remarkable placebo cures. I haven't finished the book yet, but the ideas I've read so far are intriguing. I don't think you can argue with Joe Dispenza's basic idea. There is so much proof that placebos do bring about remarkable cures. Hopefully when I've finished the book I'll begin to know how to start 'tuning in' to my own mind's healing powers.
on 30 March 2015
Wow. A great read won't say too much about the book as I would really recommend you to buy this to find out for yourself. Great for anyone who is into spirituality and who in my opinion need to change how they think at times. The mind is so powerful and how we are and feel is generally how we think. An amazing book which won't disappoint.
on 9 March 2017
One of the best and most important books I've ever come across. Cracks the whole mind-brain-body-health issue wide open for everyone to see. Not just phenomenal but essential.
on 25 March 2017
Have still not been able to download.
No help from supplier
on 24 November 2014
I'm a huge fan of Dispenza's work and found a new understanding of reality and myself after reading his books and hearing his talks. This is another informative book that has the potential to really expand our minds and change how we look at healing and recovery.

Unfortunately, I was a bit disappointed by the long winded examples and supposed real life cases, especially I see no proof to back them up. It made me quite sceptical if I'm honest. As with his previous book, you also have to pay extra for the guided meditation.