Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 26 March 2017
Great
on 6 September 2017
Fabulous book, well written.
on 11 September 2015
Definitely a book to buy!

I've read multiple books on lucid dreaming but there’s always been so much gibberish and separate examples of lucid dreaming, that I was unable to understand the actual purpose of why people lucid dream.

Charlie has given a clear and direct approach into lucid dreaming. His clear explanations certainly make the read very understandable.

Charlie definitely has a lot of passion for lucid dreaming and this comes across perfectly with his good sense of humour in his books. I particularly enjoyed reading Charlie’s selection of lucid Dreams. This section really gives a more personal approach and understanding as to what your mind is truly capable of.

Charlie’s techniques are very easy to do and with many of them being during the sleeping hours, there really is no excuse not to give them a try!

Such an enjoyable read and I definitely recommend to anyone who is interested in or looking to learn how to dream lucidly!
on 6 December 2016
I thought I would wait until I was lucid dreaming before writing a review. And after using the methods in this book for about two weeks, I had my first lucid dream last night:) I wasn't even really trying last night (not doing the WILD technique as I normally have been doing), but I guess I have been thinking about this enough lately. For anyone who's interested about the dream: I was in a university classroom and looked at my hand (I have been doing hand-related reality checks regularly) and saw that it only had a couple of fingers... Definitely a dream sign! I went to the front of the class and said 'hey! I'm dreaming! You are all parts of my dream! I did it!' and they looked at me as if I was mad, but I didn't mind:) I went to try out a couple of things I had been thinking about doing in my dreams. First I made a dream character re-appear who I had dreamed of a few nights earlier. And I thought, yes it's you! I couldn't quite remember your face when I was awake but there you are! And then I knew I could make things happen which was cool. I drifted in and out of lucidity I think, but it's ok because just a few minutes of lucidity were all I wanted to get me started. The other thing I tried was flying, of course. I was definitely less lucid now but I remember I went outside and walked past some family members who all smiled at me as if to say 'yep you got it, now go for it!' I floated a bit and eventually went up further and further until I could see a million stars, then galaxies, and I was awe-struck and floating... and then I think I fell right out of lucidity and into another world that I had reached, and ended up in an alien's apartment block...

I really got on well with Charlie Morley's writing style. It is very understandable and friendly, with great tips and examples. It is step by step so you can try out one method at a time. Or just submerge yourself in all of it as I guess I did. He's so passionate about the opportunities that lucid dreaming offers people. It goes so much deeper than just having lucid dreams to make crazy things happen. It's worth going to Charlie's website and watching his videos too as the enthusiasm really comes across. I have both of his books as I wanted to learn as much as possible. I like this one most as the Tibetan Buddhist perspective shows you the deeper possibilities achievable. Dealing with subconscious issues, integrating your shadow etc. I have one of La Berge's books too and it is good, but I think the friendliness and enthusiasm of this book is what I got on well with.

Two weeks ago I started writing down my dreams, as he suggests. This was interesting enough. I would read about a dream that I'd had days ago and the memory of it had completely gone until I reminded myself. It is interesting how much you forget. I realised a couple of common themes that occur in my dreams which I hope to deal with. Keeping a dream diary is a good idea even if you don't go further with lucid dreaming. I have been waking up after about 5 hours of sleep and then waking at 90 minute intervals to record dreams. The first interesting thing I noticed was that I wasn't any more tired after doing this. I guess as long as you get your sleep cycles done, you will be just as rested as if you stayed asleep the whole time. This was interesting to learn.

So I have just ordered a copy each of Charlie Morley's two books to give to family for Christmas. I decided I would do this if it worked for me, and now it has :) I hope they are able to learn to lucid dream too. At the moment they are a little skeptical, but I am really happy that I have at least one lucid dream that I can describe, so that I can give personal testimony as well as recommend this great book.

Thanks Charlie!
on 10 May 2017
I absolutely loved this book. It's my first time exploring the topic of Lucid Dreaming and Mindfulness of Dream and Sleep. I have benefited immensely from this book already. I listened to it on audible but I'd recommend that you get the book too so you can look at the techniques when you need to go back.

In just a few weeks of the practice, I've managed to improve my dream recall vastly. I know recall at least two dreams per night and 3 or more many a time. I think that this has really changed my entire understanding of sleep and how it relates to our day to day life. You can learn so much about what your mind is thinking about day to day just by observing the content of your dreams yet most people forget about the dreams they've had.

If you're interested in improving your personal and spiritual life then this is most definitely a worthwhile practice to pursue, the rewards are wonderful. I'm incredibly grateful for the insight that I've achieved with only a little experience and look forward to learning so much more :)
on 4 April 2017
I started lucid dreaming right after I finished this book... Has a very good way of explaining the techniques and it takes you beyond the pure lucid dreaming scope.. is about using lucid dreaming for personal growth.. I would highly recommend it!
on 20 July 2017
Charlie Morley is a wonderful teacher on Lucid Dreaming & Mindfulness of Dreams & how the mind works, and this audio book totally encaptured my total intrigue throughout every second of listening. Wisdom, Intrigue & Fun listening! what more could you ask for! Charlie has a friendly easy way of articulating his teaching to be playful, light hearted, & he reminds me of my 6 year old nephew Cosmo! I will relisten a few times as it is jewell of a listen, quite dynamic in content, & I hope to catch more audio books, & workshops Thank you.
on 21 February 2016
A very hard read. My reading skills aren't excellent so half the time I had no idea what he was talking about. Wouldn't buy if you have learning difficulties or dyslexia like me.
on 18 November 2013
I believe that this book is more aimed towards those who are just starting or have gained an interest in lucid dreaming without experiencing lucid dreaming for themselves yet. For someone who has read other books on lucid dreaming I found some of the information in this book very familiar, yet Charlie brings a very personal touch to many of these aspects which is different.

One thing I would've liked (personally) would have been the dreams of Charlie's to be spread throughout the book rather as references at the back.

Either way it's a very enjoyable read and despite the level of dreaming you're at you will certainly learn from this book.
33 Comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 November 2014
I’ve read many books on lucid dreaming and after a while, they are all pretty repetitive: this is what lucid dreaming is, here’s a technique or two, and here are tons of examples.

Charlie’s book is refreshingly different. The guy has a very intimate understanding of the lucid dreaming state and he communicates this in a clean and clear manner, without having to fluff the book with examples.

It’s aimed at a novice audience but also addresses the ‘why’ of lucid dreaming…something that, in my opinion, is rarely touched upon by other authors. Lucid dreaming has powerful applications for personal and spiritual growth which move beyond the recreational experience such as integrating shadow aspects and understanding the death and dying process. Not only can you work with nightmares but you can also uncover, understand, accept and transform self-limiting beliefs and fears. Charlie dances fearlessly through these themes and the enthusiasm he conveys in doing so is infectious.

In sum, if you want a clear guide on what lucid dreaming is, how to do it, and why to do it, then this is the book for you. I’d recommend reading this and then Robert Waggoner’s ‘Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner Self’.