Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 6 March 2014
Well explained subject but not actually practical ways how to learn to love yourself.
Could be a bit more practical.
on 18 April 2013
Loveability shows you how to feel love-able. Holden explains that loving yourself is not purely about self-acceptance but understanding that you are love, love is your nature. Self-love is about identifying yourself with love. Anyone who has read self-help books or stuck their nose into a course in miracles might be aware of the idea that we have two sides of ourselves: the ego and our loving divine self. I have always been fully behind this in my head, but also I had confliction about it. How can I love humanity with all of the terrible things humans do, therefore as a human, how can I love myself when I know I have that nature in me too? I listened to the audio of Loveability whilst on a few long car journeys. I like Robert's voice and there is a feeling in how he speaks that he is talking just to you. I caught myself answering a few times, but don't tell anyone! About three days after finishing the audio book, about 3.30am I woke up and something had clicked. I can't even put it into words all I can tell you is my understanding of what it is to be loveable and to love others, moved from a head based concept and into my heart. Days have passed now and I keep checking in with myself, and no I'm still not sweating the small stuff, and no I am not nagging myself, I am more in the moment. Holden has put into words something I now see to be un-wordable (If he can make up words so can I) . This book opens you into a personal inquiry which just might be the final dot you were looking for in the picture of your own loveablity it was for me.
on 3 December 2013
I'm afraid I found this book a bit repetative and obvious. Once you have grasped the idea that it's ok to accept and love yourself the rest is just repeats of the same idea.
on 16 August 2013
Very slow moving and waffly text. Some helpful stuff but messages repeated rather too much for me. Arrived in stated condition which was good.
on 17 December 2014
The book was pleasant, but disappointing. I thought the sub title of Knowing how to love & be loved was misleading. Like another reviewer, I too expected some pointers, advice, exercises - However it was made up mainly of examples of clients who had consulted with the author & also references to the workshops & courses that he holds.
on 27 May 2017
I had seen videos of Robert Holden on You Tube and I liked his message so I decided to buy this audiobook but I was rather disappointed. I think it is a nice account but if you are looking for advice and techniques on how to improve your self-love, you will be disappointed. I suppose we all like to be told what to do to accept ourselves but this book hasn't been able to help me in that sense. I also suppose that the real deal with Robert Holden is to attend one of his workshops instead as it is surely more practical. I bought the audio book version but I will certainly re-sell it as it is not what I was expecting at all.
on 16 April 2013
Requires concentration, not sure that I found it very enlightening but some people might. Good review of other authors on the subject. The author has written about the subject simply so that it may help readers who are not academic to understand the subject matter.
on 15 October 2016
I found this book inspiring. I learnt a lot about myself, and I believe it softened me and made me more open to love.
on 19 March 2013
This book came into my life at the perfect time, as the greatest books seem to do. In two very different relationships that I was in at this time Loveability had the simplest and best guidance for me. I'm absolutely certain that it allowed me to deal with these people in love and when the fear did arise, to notice it, see it for what it really was and turn back to love for the answers. In a major period of my life Loveability provided crucial understanding. At times it was like Robert Holden was standing by my side guiding me with quotes and important advice. For that I extent my heartfelt gratitude and commend this book to everyone. Love is the answer after all! Thank you Robert x
on 6 August 2014
Possibly the most important book on Love on the market. Loveability takes you back to basics and makes you question everything you've ever believed about love. Guaranteed to change the way you view yourself, the way you view the world and the way you view others. Powerful stuff, another hit from Robert Holden.