The Way of Wyrd
Format: Paperback|Change

on 30 March 2013
This wasn't quite what I expected from the first chapter and I took a while to realise there wouldn't be any descriptions of how healing might have been performed. After that it was interesting, and often funny, to see how the novice was instructed. It read as though there should be a sequel.
on 20 March 2017
Excellent. A wonderful book.
on 6 September 2013
what a really great book, would advise anyone to read this so interesting with loads of good 'stuff' in it.
on 8 February 2015
Fantastic little book, my favourite short novel. Eloquent, imaginative, informative, caresses the heart and soul. Recommended for any one who enjoys the realms of deep spirit.
on 24 October 2016
Arrived on time and well packaged
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 28 December 2016
Interesting
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 4 March 2004
All I can say about the book is that it is an excellent read, easy to 'get into' and the storyline takes you away.
I've read it 3 times now.
(I wish it were available as a Palm Ebook).
on 2 February 2011
I recently purchased, downloaded and read this book on my Kindle. I was a little apprehensive about reading it as I am a Christian and I could see that this book was going to clash with my own personal beliefs seeing as it is about Paganism and sorcery. Saying that though, some of my Christian friends are dismayed that I read (and enjoyed) the Harry Potter books. :-)

The Way of Wyrd (pronounced "Wierd", not "Word" as I tended to say it >_< )is set in, or around, the year 674, where a young novice monk is sent by his monastery to investigate a pagan area of the country and report back in order to allow a mission to be made in which to convert the pagans to Christianity. The novice monk meets a sorcerer who teaches him about the Wyrd, a pagan "religion". The book, though fictional, is based on real life back then and is very interesting.

The story is a gripping read and one I thoroughly enjoyed even though it went against my own personal beliefs. I am glad I didn't just blindly refuse to read such literature, and considered it an enriching experience. I thought the book was marvellously well written and really did have me hooked until the last page. I would have no proplem in recommending this to my Christian friends.

Finally, a word on the presentation on the Kindle; As many Kindle owners have experienced, myself included, many publishers it seems just convert a book (very poorly in my opinion) to Kindle format without even bothering to proof-read it prior to releasing it. I am please to say, however, that this is not the case for this e-Book. Vary well formatted, no obvious typos and vary easy to read.
on 25 July 2014
One of my favourite books.

a review by goodreads (quick synopsis) : The Casteneda-like novel responsible for reawakening wide interest in the ancient form of European shamanism called the Way of Wyrd. "Brilliant, vivid, entertaining."--R. D. Laing
on 22 February 2014
This is a fabulous book and one I would recommened to anyone who has an interest in historical British shamanism. I throughly enjoyed it!