Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 13 July 2014
I understand why other reviewers have commented on the rather grating hypnotic voice style - it reminded me of the brainwashing scenes in the Ipcress File - and what I remember of the content seemed a pretty run of the mill relaxation script, but it was (eventually) quite deeply relaxing, and I will use it again.
on 10 August 2017
Fantastic healing and total relaxation cd. Need to listen to it more but definitely worth the money
on 2 June 2013
Lovely, relaxing CD with an upbeat speaking tempo at the start, gradually slowing with binaural beats and other wonderful sound effects as it progresses. I believe over time it could give me the 'other realm' experience which inspired it. It sounds as if Anita is a soul, not a person, and she is calling to me from out of time and space. It is very effective in getting me to relax extremely quickly, and I am right in the middle of a very 'stressful' court case over my home, at the moment. The parts where Anita speaks over the ethereal backing track caused deepening episodes of bliss as I lost awareness of my body...a fantastic product, with beautiful packaging, which I will use over and over again...thankyou, Anita...

Regarding the negative reviews of the sound of this CD, this is what I've been told: "Initially there was a batch released that had poor sound quality. There was no way to recall the product and it has just taken some time for those to be replaced".

Update: today I listened to the CD in the morning, and stayed conscious of it for longer. I remember having glimpses of the sense of 'magnificence' that Anita speaks of. Although I have experienced revelation, this was more to do with the experience of my true magnificence, whilst appearing in the body. There's a part at the beginning, where Anita tells you to unwrap a gift...what I saw was 'rancour' - that this experience is created entirely by the mind - that it really 'sticks', and you can let it go just as easily. There are many parts in the CD where Anita guides you into these releases. ..so I'm not sure what's happening overall, but I listened to it around 9am and then slept till 2pm...good job it's a Sunday, lol... :)
on 4 March 2015
I never normally write a review about anything but felt I wanted to for this CD. Where one reviewer wrote about the disturbing feelings they were experiencing in their body and the haunting music, I do agree however, I found it actually made me 'listen' closer to the messages from my own body and question what was causing my body to vibrate at such a high level at the start of this CD. This 'listening' really allowed me to let go of my fear of this unfamiliarity which opened me up to just going with the feelings in my body. This resulted in complete and utter relaxation and a feeling of being grounded at the end of the CD. My partner, who is extremely cynical over this type of work and will cross the other side of the road when confronted with anything alternative, admitted to feeling more connected, has been able to sleep better and is waking up in a more positive frame of mind. He even asks if we are going to play it each night before going to sleep (he puts the CD on whilst asking me this!). I have been a body worker for over ten years and found this was the first meditative CD which actually connected with the true self. Thank you Anita for sharing this with us.
on 23 May 2013
Having read Anita Moorjani's book, 'Dying to be me', I was immediately drawn to her healing meditation. This was not as I had somehow imagined it would be, that is, the usual, gently-led visualisation, moving the listener to a point of meditation. No, this CD was far from that! I found the almost strident, direct introduction quite unexpected. A bit startling. But then Ms Moorjani's story is startling! 'Deep Meditation for Haling' is no fluffy-cloud, floaty journey into a peaceful and tranquil place (not, I would hasten to add, that those type of visualitsations/meditation do not have their place in the greater scheme) but, to me, Anita Moorjani offered a no-holds barred, no nonsence, step-by-step opportunity to ascend into higher realms of consciousness - into Onness - which is considered by many to be the matrix of all healing.

I have been using this CD regularly for over three weeks and have discoverd my experience of moving away from Beta brainwaves into Alpha, then deeper into Theta has become easier, but also more profound. Mainly, I have discerned this by the time it now takes me to come out of Theta and back to a place where I am once again grounded in Beta. Although at first I found the specialised programme that uses sounds at different frequencies challenging to relax to, with time I sensed the changes that were taking place energetically on the left and right hemispheres of my brain. It was, however, a curious and at time almost uncomfortable sensation yet, once I Iet go and relaxed my mind moved into relaxation.

Did the led meditation 'afford me more energy to focus towards physical healing: train my mind to support my body and restore wellbeing' as the cover of the CD suggests? Perhaps it is a bit early to judge but let me say I am become aware and alerted to knowing when I have not found time during the day to tune into this CD, as such, perhaps somewhere in my subconscious I am recognising that listening to this CD is doing me good and that is having a subtle, positive resonance on my wellbeing. Would I recommend it? The answer has to be 'yes' - but I'd add, be open for experiencing the unusual and the unexpected.
on 19 November 2015
I think the intention behind this meditation is excellent - the words and the binaural beats are powerful and good. HOWEVER!! Anita's voice is NOT suited for this kind of relaxation. I have read her book which I bought for a family member who has cancer - I then bought this CD for them and decided to listen first and I am disappointed. Her voice is too loud, strong - just not the right tone or with any softness to evoke relaxation. I have tried many mediation formats and voices can be grating - it's important to be able to disconnect from the voice and listen to the message, however with some voices it's not possible. I really want to recommend my favourite hypnosis person - David Mcgraw - you can listen to some of his work for free on youtube - he has developed the perfect soothing tones for this kind of meditation (as far as Im concerned!). Also there are some great Deepak Chopra meditations on youtube which are also soothing and giving equally powerful and transformative messages. I think many reviews are saying the same thing - i DO not recommend this at all - but read her book. but don't waste your money on this.
on 7 December 2012
While the book that accompanies this CD is wonderful and I would highly recommend it to everyone, I was so disappointed when I received the meditation CD. It did the opposite of what I had expected, in that I just felt stressed listening to it, and couldn't get further than the first couple of minutes due to this. It is recorded in a very strange way, and unfortunately, Anita's voice was not soothing or easy to listen to, perhaps due to this. I would have preferred a slower, deeper voice, instead of this grating, uncomfortable, high pitched strangeness. I sent it back.
22 Comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 June 2016
Sounds as though you are being shouted at !!! Not relaxing or conducive to a meditative state.
Even at low volume she sounds like nails on a blackboard
Obviously produced quickly and cheaply rather than going for quality.
Will take more notice of negative revues before purchasing anything else form Hay House. !!!
on 14 December 2014
Very disappointed x Having Anita's audio book & hearing her speak of her experience & doing a guided meditation prior- looked forward to this Deep meditation. Unfortunately tone of voice & music in background very unnerving- unable to get into 'medative state' turned it off. Would like Anita to just talk in normal voice with little or no background music.
on 20 August 2012
This CD has the most odd voice which was incredibly hard to understand. I heard her say that it didn't matter if you fell asleep as the message would be heard by the subconscious mind, but it stressed me trying to listen to even the introduction. I have hearing loss but normally with my hearing aids can hear CDs ok