on 6 April 2017
A great read
on 8 July 2015
Second of the India and Brandon mysteries, a good easy read which keeps you interested in to how they are going to get out of the trouble they are in.
on 18 August 2012
India and Brandon had their work cut out to captivate me for a second time. Dead Virgins being their first adventure which I just loved. However they did it again.

Another easy read with believable characters and well portrayed baddies. As ever the research is thorough and the mix of history and fiction is never heavy on the eyes or mind.

I will await India and Brandon's next adventure with interest. I still believe Dead Virgins is the best of Mr Ashman's works but I have thoroughly enjoyed all of them. His collection is as diverse as it is gripping with the one constant being "easy read".
on 14 June 2012
Brandon is receives a message asking for a meeting from a shady character we met in the first book and inveigles India to join him to travel back to the Greek island of Samothrace to investigate.

Soon they are travelling the world hunting down buried clues concerning a famous ancient map that appear to divulge the location of a treasure hoard. Brandon uses his brawn and manly skills, while India exercises her brain to tease out the real meaning of misleading pointers.

But they're not the only ones on the trail. Two killers from a legendary tribe of assassins and a pretender to a throne are one step behind. Can India crack the clues and can Brandon crack the heads of the baddies to become as rich as Croesus?

Kevin Ashman does his usual skilful weaving of historical dates and artefacts to produce an engaging romp. Not quite up to the level of Dead Virgins in my opinion, but a good entertainment all the same.

(Note: I received a review copy of this book)
on 9 July 2012
Finished this book yesterday and I have to say the story of India and Brandon is heading the right way for me. The action is fast paced with plenty of page turning incident. The plot is well thought out and well researched considering this is a fictional novel after all. If I could make one criticism it is that the part of the book I would consider to be an epilogue ends with some loose ends, but hopefully that's due to an on going theme perhaps? But that is a very minor point in an excellent read. I would highly recommend this book.
on 27 May 2016
Though this isn't my usual choice of story, I can't resist India Sommers books and the facts that the author, K.M. Ashman attributes to India are mind-blowing! My first India Sommers book was 'Dead Virgins' and that too, was a fascinating read which led me to this particular book!
I love the way K.M. Ashman brings the stories from the ancient past to the present, and though he goes back and forth, you don't lose him as with some books. He makes the reader understand exactly what could have actually happened in the past as opposed to what DID happen. Then, he sends India and Brandon off to solve the mystery!
on 17 March 2013
Whilst reading this novel I felt part of it and at the end wondered how much was real. An interesting novel and educational due to real events in history. Keep up the good work Kevin.
on 13 March 2014
Great story, good characters, plots keep you reading, hopefully there will be more in this series. Brilliant writer but not known to me until I started using the kindle
on 9 January 2015
A brilliant read yet again. I read the first book the other day and couldn't wait to start this one. I loved it. So very interesting and so well put together. I could not put it down. I read Graham Hancock' s Finger prints of the gods, many years ago and the Piri Reis map has fascinated me ever since.
Once again, a fascinating book by Kevin Ashman....
Action packed, so well researched and gripping to the end. So glad he has many more books to read.
Looking forward to book three that is already downloaded for tonight. Well done Kevin....thank you.
on 8 October 2014
Fantastic loved it could not put it Down thanks great book. Looking forward to the next one. Already have it on my Kindle