on 2 May 2014
Brooke Shaden is such an inspiring photographer, and her work blows my mind. I don't go a day without hearing fine art photographers mention her name. I didn't know about her before this book, but was interested in fine-art - this book has made such a difference to my own photography; its dark and beautiful and inspiring.

She teaches that you can make art with any lens and any camera. That you don't need the best things - reading this book will make anyone with a camera a better photographer!

It takes a while to digest, I've read through the pages, looking at the images endless amounts of times, and it never gets old. You'll feel more than inspired, and probably search her YouTube account where the fantasy continues.

If you're interesting in Fine-Art photographer, or any portrait photography - I highly recommend this book. The best money I've spent so far.
on 27 January 2014
For me this book has led me through new ways of thinking and as an admirer of Brooke's work it was grata to see many more examples of her images throughout the book. I haven't yet even sat down to consciously work through some of the suggested exercises for inspiration but I'm still finding I cannot sleep at night for a head full of new and exciting ideas. Brooke's writing style is so easy to read and not overly wordy. Chapters are short meaning you can dip in and out of the book whenever you have 5 minutes to spare or take a great chunk in one go. While Brooke's style won't be to everyone's taste I think the ideas and processes discussed in the book can still be highly relevant. Time to go and get my camera...
on 25 November 2013
Loved this book, full of inspiration! Although not a technical book it really opens your mind and gives pointers too. It helps with planning a shoot and also the considerations which you would probably not think of. For those who are wanting to follow an art inspired route into photography it is a must, I know I will refer to this time and time again. The imagery inside this book will blow your mind alone.
on 21 April 2014
This is a book not so much about inspiration in photography as well as about Brooke Shaden. It's all about how well she does and do the same, so you will be as good as her too. More than half of the book is printed with her own pictures - like them or not - but they help little to beter understand the text. Nothing wrong with illustrating your photo-book with text that explain your vision, but here the title is pretentious and misleading.
on 7 December 2014
An amazing book, and so inspiring :) she is a really great photographer and i would recommend this book to anyone interested in creative or surreal photography.
on 7 August 2015
Brilliant book and very inspiring
on 10 May 2015
Full of great ideas.
on 17 August 2014
Found the book informative but the range of subject matter and ideas were very personal to the author and didn't gel with me. I found l got bored Half way through the book.
on 2 February 2014
Fab book with a lovey finish on the cover. Arrived on time and the price was brilliant too. Deffinately would reccomend it if your a lover for Brooke Shaden!
on 17 July 2015