Customer reviews

on 18 January 2014
Bought this for my husband who is reading it avidly with accompanying grunts of pleasure. Says he has learned a lot from it. Very pleased.
on 14 November 2013
I am a very keen amateur photographer and own a variety of cameras including 7D and 5D Mk 2. I wanted a small camera to keep with me everywhere and for those times when its not practical to lug a large heavy kit bag along so I bought the G15.
Fantastic camera, outstanding even.
I wanted to take it for a walk with the manual and see how it compared to the bigger better DSLR's but wait...NO MANUAL! not a paper one anyway. I don't like to take my laptop for walkies so what did I do?
I bought this fantastic little book.
The book is in itself an essential guide to the many varied functions and controls of this awesome little sharp shooter and without it the menu's and the hidden little gems the camera incorporates could easily remain hidden.
Easier to get lost in than a PDF file and a flickering screen and for most of us guys out there much easier to take to the loo.
Having been a long term Canon man I found the G15 controls very familiar but there are so many variations and so many superb functions that for the price its an essential companion to the camera.
I would recommend this small,well written and informative book to all G15 owners regardless of age or experience as it really is very good.
I love the Canon G15 so much more because I can use it so much better thanks to this little mine of information.
Massively recommended.
on 12 June 2013
I am really pleased with this guide it is written into bite sized chunks that make it very easy to read. I also like the short introduction on the history of the G-serious and some of the technical information about the G15. Unfortunately Canon only provide a CD-ROM as an instruction book which is obviously difficult to access and not particularly well written! The G15 is a brilliant camera but to fully exploit its capabilities you really do need some kind of guide and this is excellent. I believe that the relevant advice and techniques highlighted in this book will help even experienced photographers. Some of the tips are really helpful such as how to make short movies and plug the camera safely into the mains for when you are using power intensive activities such as printing.
on 18 February 2014
The best feature of the G15 manual is the two pages before the table of contents. Page 4 gives you about 20 of the most popular types of subjects you may be interested in shooting along with the pages covering that topic.

There is a quick list of options for Viewing, Video, Printing and Saving and the corresponding pages to visit in the manual. These two pages of the G15manual provide a nice shortcut to tracking down these things without having to search within the full table of contents that follows.
on 3 April 2014
The camera comes with very little information this book has it all. well worth the money and the hints and tips have greatly enhance my use of the camera and the quality of the photography.
Has huge amount of info and took a while to get into finding just the bits I wanted but now travels with me and my camera everywhere.
on 1 May 2014
Great pictures, clear text, well written. Very good to have something physical to refer to as I had the camera just before a holiday and did not want to keep on referring to a computer to find-out the more elusive details of it's use. As far a s the camera goes, it is excellent for those who are used to a DSLR but wish to travel without the size or weight. It woud be better if the camera came with a small booklet in the first place as I had to order this guide after the holiday.
on 3 January 2014
A really clear, concise guide to the Canon G15. I learned so much about the camera in just a couple of readings that I'm off and playing happily and learning more all the time. I like the handy size of the book too.
on 18 December 2013
Just what I required as I never know all the answer to my problems when come to a new camera
on 5 June 2014
Still working my way through this book, but so far I'm impressed as it is so informative. Much easier to follow than the manual that came with the camera. Would recommend for anyone new to digital photography and the G15.
on 19 October 2013
This is an excellent guide for my new G15. It covers everything in a precise and easy to to understand manner. It is written from a personal point of view, but without the author showing off. This style is a surprise and quite refreshing when operation manuals for most products these days are robotic computer generated translations from Japanese/Korean etc.
The camera comes with an operation manual but this is on a CD and is difficult to use. Scrolling up and down some 300 pages on a computer screen, to find out a small operation detail, can be quite frustrating